Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Making the roots a bit neater?

Andres2
@andres2
12 years ago
70 posts
I don't care that it looks messy but I'm going to be working as a security guard. Obviously they want them maintained, so I just want some advice how to make the roots neater.I still have the locking gel bottle I bought a while ago, should I apply to it to the scalp? I can buy an aloe Vera plant and apply it but this sounds like a temporary fix.
updated by @andres2: 01/13/15 09:37:21PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

are u assumming they have to be maintained or did they sat=y so

just leave em any aloe u use will make them stay messy longer

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

the root rubbing has been known to pull 1/2 your hair right out from the scalp and seriusly weaken the roots

wouldnt recoment it..or any messing with the roots

--
Andres2
@andres2
12 years ago
70 posts
Steele thank you for you insight, and eagle I'm not assuming. I need to control the fuzz a little bit. I haven't gone to interviews but I have spoken to employers who told me to organize it. I won't find out if I can wear a tam until the interviews. I don't crochet, palm roll or root rub. I just wanted some advice as what to do. Two heads think better then one.
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Steele, I agree that we should talk about the pro and cons of each. The reason I tell people to not do it at all is because even if I say to do it gently, like you, that may mean something different to everyone. I have a high tolerance for pain, and I may not notice how hard I'm doing it until the damage is already done. So I find it better to tell people not to do thing that are potentially damaging in a way that can't easily be repaired. I'm sure there is a way to crochet your hair that doesn't break any more hairs than ripping 2 locks apart would. But because it's more common to do it aggressively, which does destroy your locks, It's better for people to know that it's a damaging method.

The same goes with root rubbing.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

agree and

if the interviewer dares to say sort out yoir hair u can simply say i cant its against my beliefs

they can suf=ggesr it but they cant require it

and

they can only suggest it out of ignorance of the law

..just explain o them that that sort of maintenande is harmful and goes against everything those who dread for spiritual or religios reasons believe in so requesting it is descrimination and violares yoir rights

explain it in a nice freindly way

jut mnatter of factly assiumme they just were not aware

--
Andres2
@andres2
12 years ago
70 posts

baba fats, i remember you applied the locking gel to your roots, how did that turn out?

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

I only applied it to a few of the baby locks growing in. So it did end up getting put on my roots. It worked just fine. It hardens a bit, so don't use a ton or it may feel uncomfortable. You only need enough to hold down thewispyhairs.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form