Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

How to care for my "dreads"

Hannah :)
@hannah
12 years ago
21 posts

I started the natural/neglect method a few days ago.

How often should I wash my hair, and how? And any other random information would be much appreciated. (:

updated by @hannah: 01/13/15 09:37:19PM
Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts
Welcome!!The best thing to was with (in my opinion) is a baking soda rinse (1/2 cup bs to 5 cups water, completely dissolved). Just pour it over your scalp and let it run thru your hair. You can let that sit for up to 30 minutes. Follow that with an apple cider vinegar rinse (about 1 tablespoon acv to 4-5 cups water), pour over your scalp then rinse right away with cool water. Dreadlockshampoo.com has some amazing products, for just starting out, the liquid Lockin' Up would be the best.Check out some time lines so you get an idea of what to expect. Like how long it can take, the messy stages, loops kinks and squiggles and what mature locks look like. And feel free to ask questions!
Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts
Oh, you should was probably every other day working your way out to 2-3 times a week.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

that..or u cab use a good dread soap and scrub onky the scalp not the hair ru[ince thru the hair

dont towel dry'air/drip or sun dry

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Don't forget that if you do the BS/ACV wash, to rinse your hair really well between the BS and the ACV

Star Gryphon
@star-gryphon
12 years ago
190 posts

another option for soap to use to wash your hair is Dr Bronner's. But use this only if you don't have hard water! I have soft water and love that I can use it for both my shampoo and my body wash!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form