Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Itchy neck/upper back/ shoulders after doing a bs wash?

Merek Privitt
@merek-privitt
12 years ago
13 posts

I just did my first bs wash, following the recipe i found in another convo of 1/2 cup bs to 5 cups water. While i was letting it soak i noticed my shoulders and upper chest/ upper back itching. Ive now rinsed and im airdrying. i made sure to rinse off the itchy areas really good after i rinsed my hair, but my im still itchy. is this normal? should i rinse my skin with acv and water mixture to rebalance my skin ph or something?

if anyone has experience with this or has a possible solution its much appreciated.

thanks, peace and love brothers and sisters(:

updated by @merek-privitt: 01/13/15 09:37:05PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

if you did bs u should do acxv

it should..tingle not really itch

its possibl e you hagve a topical aergy to it

put a li bs taste on your wrist and watch fir a reaction make it a paste so its very stri[ong

if u get hives boils any severe itchines or rash stop using t

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
HayleyB124
@hayleyb124
12 years ago
58 posts
I've been wondering something similar. When I wash with bs I try to leave it in for at least 5 minutes but usually cave and rinse around the 3 minute mark because it makes the lower back of my scalp itch (where my cradle cap used to be and where I get itchy from sweating). I've been wondering if I should fight through it (it doesn't hurt, it's just like nails on a chalkboard) or just keep rinsing when the feeling starts like I have been.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

that makes ense since it tib[ngles as it exfoliates when mu=ine was mesed up t tinglesd the most the more your scalp needsthe dead skin eatten away the more it tingles

--
HayleyB124
@hayleyb124
12 years ago
58 posts
So I should just stick through it? Ugh... lol I'd rather listen to someone brush their teeth (another strange thing that makes me cringe) but my scalp probably needs it lol
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

u can try switching to the dreadlockshampoo that will be alot gentler and more pleasant

--
HayleyB124
@hayleyb124
12 years ago
58 posts
Yeah I was planning on getting a bottle or two when money gets better.
Merek Privitt
@merek-privitt
12 years ago
13 posts

Im not allergic, i put the thickest paste i could on my wrist and nothin. i think it just dried my skin out a little bit and thats why i got itchy. i just freaked myself out is all haha

Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts

Good to hear Mereck! If I get exuberant mixing it up or whatever and splash it on myself I'll get itchy in those spots too. I just rinse off really really well.

Hayley do you have any tea tree oil? It has a really awesome cooling effect that (IMO) counteracts the bs itchies. I get mine at Super Sups on South Hill for less than $10 an ounce that lasted about 6 months.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form