Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

a natural locktician

Castaway J
@castaway-j
12 years ago
585 posts

is there such a thing? this girl on the bus passed me a business card for her locktician and said its for my hair. looking at her sideways i polotely declined and she asked why, i said mine are natural and i dont want any products in it nor anyone to touch it. she said he does natural methods and can take care of them. i gave her a look that said "natural" and "locktician" dont belong in the same sentence, stop talking to me. smiled said thanks said bye then threw it away.

updated by @castaway-j: 01/13/15 09:37:00PM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

My guess would be that she uses natural products. But just because it's natural doesn't mean it's good for locks. That where many people get misled. Many shampoo's are natural. But they are too conditioning and leave residue. That isn't good for locks. Wax is natural. There aren't added chemicals, but we all know wax ishorrendousfor locks. There are gels and other goo that are made from natural products. But they are bad for your hair too.

She may also have been talking about techniques like interlocking and crocheting. Both of which don't involve products. But both are extremely damaging for your hair

Castaway J
@castaway-j
12 years ago
585 posts

yeah i assumed as with most all ticians ive seen or heard that there is wordplay going on. i was as persistent as she wsa in saying no. i just wish there was more time where i could have explained and possibly educated her.

Tara C
@tara-c
12 years ago
644 posts

To some people, natural means the neglect method, no intervention or maintaining at all. To others, it simply means not using chemicals or whatever. Obviously, she sees it as not using chemicals.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form