Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Advice?

Layla Marie
@layla-marie
12 years ago
3 posts
Hey Guys! So today I'm going to start my dreads. I'm doing the twist and rip method, I'm sectioning them out right now in 1x1 squares and then I was thinking to soak my hair in saltwater and then blow drying it because my hair is pin straight and soft soo I think with the saltwater, it would help the dreads stay together. I just wanted to see if you guys have any advice or anything for me.
updated by @layla-marie: 01/13/15 09:37:00PM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

TnR will not create locks. All it does is create a blueprint for where you want locks to generally form. They will come untangled and reatangle and untangle and retangle for the first few months. There's nothing you can do to stop this. Washing 2-3 times a week will help them knot, and using salt water in your wash helps. But you can't grow locks in 1 sitting, or overnight. Mature locks take, on average, a year to form.

There's nothing you need to do to "prep" them.

When you use salt water, don't leave it in for more than 2 hours. Only use it if you are going to wash your hair soon afterwards

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

1 inch squares is silly and 1 inch is the biggest u will want them if they conf=go they will be too big

dont section in 1 inch squares section more randomlu=y between penxil size and 1/2 inch with only a couple around 1 inch

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Layla Marie
@layla-marie
12 years ago
3 posts
Thank you for replying! I finished them and I love them. The roots are really loose from the back though.
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

The roots of baby locks should be loose. Baby locks should have about 1-3 inches of straight hair. As they mature, they shrinks until it's between 1/4 - 1 inch of straight hair.

Don't worry about that. It's needed to snag and tangle with new growth and draw hair into the lock to give it girth and body

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form