Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I need some help with Roots/Random and Loose Hair Please

Michael Rodger
@michael-rodger
12 years ago
2 posts

Hello! I found your site, and I Love it! and I have a question, about a year ago I began my Dreadlock journey and some friends in Germany gave me the dreadlocks ive longed for, for a long time now, they backcombed and then crocheted it. I know now its not the best method and it hasnt been touched up in months, so I have a lots of loose, and random hair that isnt dreaded. what is the best way for me to interlock them into my existing dreads? Thank you for your time! God Bless

updated by @michael-rodger: 01/13/15 09:36:47PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

leave em alone! crochet caused you to have way more loose hairs by breaking r=tons of hair if you do anything you only add to the harm done

loose hairs loose roots are normal and nesacary

crochet recovery takes a very long time

6 months to over a year depending how often u crochettd

u got to lett them recover they will get worse before they get better u have to resist all urges to do anythung about it and allow the natural dreading pricess to take over when the crochet has loosened enough to

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Michael Rodger
@michael-rodger
12 years ago
2 posts

Thank you,they havent been crocheted in months so ill continue to leave them be. Will the loose hairs eventually join my dreads?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

most but nit all

only african hair dreads tight eniugh ti have every hair form a smooth frizz free surface

you will bhave

1 shirt frizzy hairs along the body due to crochet your going to have alot more then usual..for awhile then they settle down and alot or most suck in but some stay .. when yiu wash they flo]uff out softening yiur dreads when dirty they may flatten down

2 loose and even somewhat long hair between dreads as u seperare they apear thy grow tgen when long enough they join dreads ..or become dreads these cover your scalp preventing skin cancer they belong there

again they can get worse and better depending if u conditioned alot or used sea salt alot that eek

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form