Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hair catching on everything!

Rhiannon2
@rhiannon2
12 years ago
6 posts
Hi guys! So I have been dreading for almost 6 months and it seems my hair is catching on everything! My earrings my hands my jacket ect. Is this just part of the process or is there something I can do to prevent it? Just worried I am going to rip them or do damage. I do pull them apart to prevent congos and wash with bs/acv. I have also noticed alot of split ends, probably cuz I never really cut my hair prior to dreading it. These ends are mostly in the loose sections of my beautiful knots, so my second question is can I trim these off or just let them go? Thanks for any response.
updated by @rhiannon2: 01/13/15 09:36:41PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,639 posts

wouldnt worry biut split ends but i removed all peircings long ago caue they kept snagging

velcro is the worse

theres realy nothing u can do exceopt keep 1 away from the other..meanning if your dreads catch a peo]ircing either keep the dread away from the peircijg or remove the peircing so its not near the dread

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Joey mipanyarack
@joey-mipanyarack
12 years ago
80 posts
Curious on this too. If hairs are supposedly knotted on the inside how to loose hairs come out anyway if they get caught on something? Its not like if you tied a bunch of strings together in knots you could just pull on one and it would come out. Doesn't make sense
Rhiannon2
@rhiannon2
12 years ago
6 posts
Thanks guys!~Brit I will try adding more acv to my rinse and see if that helps, I find I can barely put my hair half up anymore cuz loose hair snags through my hands lol, I separate often, I guess at this time they just need some extra love seems how they are changing constantly at this point~Soaring I will make sure to stay far away from velcro I can only imagine how awful that would be and there have been a few lost earrings and bobby pins that I have later found in my mop haha thanks again for the advice
Star Gryphon
@star-gryphon
12 years ago
190 posts

I remember that stage too. I don't know which piercings you are talking about...but I had the same problem. The solution I used was to go to my piercer and have him put in the earrings with the little balls that are full circles. I forget what they are called.

I also had a not to great experience with Velcro. NOT fun! That and there are other surfaces that your hair will catch on...like mine would always be grabbed by this one cement wall at the coffee shop I go to...or on branches and odd things while I was doing survey's in the woods.

Rhiannon2
@rhiannon2
12 years ago
6 posts
Yes mine snag on my balcony posts all the time too! I have a lot of plants to that they seem to be attracted too as well, it feels like the sides get the brunt of it, maybe cuz they are just starting to lock? I don't remember it so bad in the back. So does this phase eventually go away when they have matured?
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form