Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Getting Dreadlocks TOMORROW !

Alexander Reyes
@alexander-reyes
12 years ago
2 posts

Hey everyone, im new to the Dreadlock forums, and to dreadlocks in some kind of way.

I've been doing my research on dreadlocks for just about 1 year and 7 months.. This is the same exact time ive been growing my hair out for. My hair is finally about 7-9 inches and i have very straight hair.. its somewhat thick, but still very straight and smooth. I've been using Dr Bronner's magic soap for the last week or so just to get ready for the backcombing and dreading. i have done enough research and know enough to NOT use wax. I have braided my hair so when i un-braid it, it will be easier to backcomb and dread as it is already wavy and curly. I'm very new to having dreads and it will be my first time starting tomorrow (:

Any ideas or tips you may have for me, please feel free to let me know.

Hope you guys get to know me, i love meeting new people (:

-Alexander

updated by @alexander-reyes: 01/13/15 09:36:37PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

why are u backcombing?

dont backcomb either go natural (best way) or iuse twist n rip

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Alexander Reyes
@alexander-reyes
12 years ago
2 posts

I would go natural but i have a job that wont allow that. Whats the difference between backcombing and twist and rip?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

actualy if you dread for spiritual reasons naturals the only way they have to alow by law

backcomb is pretty damaging they stick up like a clown for weeks

tnr is gentle and looks much better from day 1

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Rose
@rose
12 years ago
102 posts

The difference is:

Backcombing is pushing the hair upward towards the scalp with a comb.

Twist N' Rip is twisting a section of hair and then pulling two ends of the hair upward.

Have you read the dreaducation page? It goes in detail about all the methods, washing, separating, etc.

http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/dreaducation-comprehensive

Alexander Reyes said:

I would go natural but i have a job that wont allow that. Whats the difference between backcombing and twist and rip?

Eric Andrikowich
@eric-andrikowich
12 years ago
38 posts

all im gunna say is do what u feel is comfortable man

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form