Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Pancake dreads

John Connell
@john-connell
12 years ago
2 posts
So ive had my dreads for bout 2 yrs they came out great ,damaged, but great ive been doin the bs/acv and theyre on the way to bein really healthy. The onley problem i have is my roots they lock up fine by themselfs all ive done since my dreads matured is keep them seperated and i dont mind the baby hairss they ll find a dread to join sooner or later but since my dreads are so big (i only have 12) and being a raft guide i have to wear a helmet all day so the roots are starting to grow flat i was womdrin if theres anything i can do to help lock up more round any advice would be really great
updated by @john-connell: 01/13/15 09:36:32PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

they will round out on their own over time if they have a few flat spots thats ok too but think about this

a helmets just like your head resr=ting on a pillow

both will flatten that area out

but they dont always stay in that same position they roll they move so when you flatten out a circle its an oval you flatten it another wayy its an egg you flatten it another way again and ..its a circle..just a tighter circle then it was when it could be flatened out

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

moving to maintenance

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Every once in a while, take off your helmet, shake your head and shake up your locks. Then put your helmet back on. This should change the position of a few locks and help them round out. But Eagles right. They round out in time, but a few flat spots aren't anything to worry about. I made a video about not worrying about flat locks. I have a few

John Connell
@john-connell
12 years ago
2 posts
You know that makes alot of since thanks for putting my mind at ease guys. This site has helped me alot and literally saved my dreads and scalp from disaster i didnt want to do anything extreme and ruin all my progress. Would it help at all to band em of after i wash them so they dry round them take it out?
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

No. When the are drying, you want them to be as loose as possible. That way all sides of them get air. When they are banded together in a ponytail or something, only 1 side gets air. They don't dry as fast, then, and can have the problem of growing mold. Just washing them and them loosening up a bit will help them round themselves out too

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form