Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Question?

Skye2
@skye2
12 years ago
17 posts

I have been on my natural dread journey for about 25 days now and I've noticed only half of my head and the back are really locking up well. I wash my hair with baking soda and I do occasionally but sea salt water in my hair to help dry and lock up quicker. Any advice would be greatly appreciated I new to this, but I'm doing it as naturally as possible (no back comb, wax and ect.)

updated by @skye2: 01/13/15 09:36:25PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

25 days isnt even 1 month

evcen if u backcomb wax an d crochet they wouldnt seem too far along yet

if you have 1/2 locking up in under a month yor dreading fast as hell

add a zero ti that 25 and then see how far along they are

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
HayleyB124
@hayleyb124
12 years ago
58 posts
those are probably the sides you sleep on. sleep makes pretty good progress. you could try sleeping with a wool tam on your head or just sleep on the other side of your head.
Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

sounds like you are having some great progress in a quick time! give it more time, the others will come along, you sound like you already doing what you need & have a good idea of what not to do. just wait :)

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

If you see any real progress in 25 days, you're ding just fine. Hayley said it; Whatever side you sleep on tends to progress a bit faster. If you can, you could always try to sleep on a different side. Otherwise, just give it some more time. The rest of your head will lock up on it's own. On average, it takes a year for locks to fully mature

Skye2
@skye2
12 years ago
17 posts

Thanks guys I do feel really lucky to have such progress especially since my hair is so thin and straight I think its the length (27 inches). I do have a few beads in to keep them from all bunching together.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

the beads will help speed progress alot

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
batt
@batt
12 years ago
13 posts

lol, we have similar length and hair type. im also more or less a month into neglect. my journey looks like its gonna take forever for my hair to resemble anything to a dread. hahaha

Skye2
@skye2
12 years ago
17 posts

Give it time I guess I'm a lucky one but really I never brushed my hair the conditioner kept it tame. I stopped using that and regular shampoo. My hair isknottedin the middle and that is where my hair is sectioning off it is only a matter of time until the rest catches up.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form