Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Need help please

Joe buffington
@joe-buffington
12 years ago
3 posts
Im kinda new to dreads 9 months all locked up but maintenance is very hard Im looking for someone in the Atlanta Georgia area that knows how to use a crochet hood and a lose hair tool I'm a Caucasian and typical methods don't seem to work very well email me please joebuf@gmail.com willing to pay good money
updated by @joe-buffington: 01/13/15 09:36:22PM
Joe buffington
@joe-buffington
12 years ago
3 posts
Hook*
Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

all you need to do for maintenance is wash & separate as wanted/needed. it doesn't matter what type of hair you have, all hair will knot up given time & proper care. a crochet hook or the loose hair tools only breaks hair & create more loose bits & frizz. making it seem like you need to do more hooking but it only actually creates more issues than help the situation. get rid of the hook now & typical crochet recovery is about 6 months, give it that time to let the broken hair find it's way back in & knot up. the more you poke holes in your dreads & break hair with tools the weaker you make your locks & the more prone they would be to fall completely off!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,639 posts

never ever ever use a crochet hook or loose hair tool unles u want loose hairs they only break hair and never should be used

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Crochet hooks do nothing but damage your locks, weaken your roots, which destroys the integrity and longevity of them.

Ixchel and Eagle pretty much said it all. Dreadlocks do not need any more maintenance than washing 2-3 times a week with a non residue soap, and separating when needed. They are the easiest hairstyle to have. if you feel like you need maintenance, you are missing the point.

Joe buffington
@joe-buffington
12 years ago
3 posts
Lol well I guess crochet is out of the question thanks guys
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form