Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

1 year dreading but with wax...

Phil Hulford
@phil-hulford
12 years ago
38 posts
Hey there! So I have been dreading for a little over a year now,sadly I started with wax as many have. After 2 weeks of using around a 1/4 of a jar of dreadheadhq wax I found this site and stopped. I then used very very hot water for about a week of hair washes (which was about 3 washes) and I thought the wax was all gone as my hair was VERY fluffy!!A year down the road I'm getting some comments about white stuff in the hair, so I go to a mirror and check the locks at the back to discover, yeah, I got some white stuff there. My dreads are very hard nearer the tips. the new growth over the last year is all soft and has no white in it at all. I know immediately what it is so I came back here to see what I can do. I have found the dreadlocksshampoo.com and really wanna buy some stuff. My worry however is that I live in the UK. The shipping price is $60!!!!!Does anyone know if I can buy these products in the UK or even in Europe please, I'll try and upload some photos now too...
updated by @phil-hulford: 01/13/15 09:36:19PM
Phil Hulford
@phil-hulford
12 years ago
38 posts
I hope these photos upload properly!
Phil Hulford
@phil-hulford
12 years ago
38 posts
Sorry has to be one photo at a time then...
Phil Hulford
@phil-hulford
12 years ago
38 posts
And last one...
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

I can't see the white stuff you're talking about, but hopefully, hopefully, it's just wax and not mold. When you wash, does your hair smell? I mean, Smell. Kind of like a wet dog. This isn't uncommon when they are wet, but does the smell linger after they dry? That would be a sign of mold.

Before you do anything you need to do some wax removal sessions. Because it's been a year, and because you tried to melt it out with hot water, you'll have to do quite a few.

Get a dish soap that is tough on grease. If they sell Dawn in the UK, get that. What you need to do is fill a big bowl, or pot with the hottest water you can keep your hands in for a while. Squirt in a generous amount of the soap. Then, one at a time, dunk your locks into the pot and massage the soap into the lock for about a minute. When you're done, wash normally. You'll have to do this 2-3 times a week for at least a month.

What the hot water did was melt the wax which didn't actually strip it out of your hair. What it did was melt it so that it seeped deeper into your locks.

In Ireland, it's called bread soda, it might be in the UK, too. But get some baking soda and use that and apple cider vinegar to wash your hair. You can find recipe's all over this site, but if you need, we can help you with the ratios and how to do it. You don't mix the BS and ACV together.

I know it may seemexpensiveto ship overseas, but that company uses flat rate shipping, so if you buy a few things from them, the shipping wont go up. You can probably get 5-6 bars from them for the same shipping cost. That makes it a bit more worth it. If you go that route, get the wax-b-gone too. It's the best stuff out there for removing wax

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

shipping is flat rate if its 60 remove 1 itenm till it lowers..or alternatively add more till u reach the max anbd it goes up again

i believe u can fit 4 items in before the shipping goes uop

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Phil Hulford
@phil-hulford
12 years ago
38 posts
Hey guys thanks for the info...No baba fats my dreads do not smell like wet dog... Even when wet, I wash very often with bs and acv as I'm a dancer so I sweat loads!! I'm gonna try order the shampoo anyway then, perhaps I can get a friend to order with me making it more worthwhile :)
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form