Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

what has been the best part of your journey?

Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

spin off topic to the post http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/what-s-been-the-hardest-part-of-your-journey?xg_source=activity

what has been the most enjoyable? most wonderful? beautiful? the most eye-opening? let's hear somepositivityin here!

updated by @ixchel: 02/14/15 08:12:51AM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

The best part: Starting. I loved the idea that I would never have to pick up a brush again.

The most eye opening: The day I forgot when I started. Granted, for me this was about 3 days in. But you get the idea. I believe that you should never pay attention to how old they are. What does that do other than remind you that yours aren't as far along as someone else. And that means nothing. When I was 8 months in, I looked like I was 3 days in. Other who are 4 months in, look like that are 2 years in. So why pay attention to how old they are?

Also, when you see that you don't have mature locks yet, you tend to not think of yourself as having locks. You see yourself as will-be-having-locks-soon. The minute you stop brushing, you are growing locks. They may not be tight and matted. But their babies. You don't say a baby isn't a human until they grow up. So you shouldn't say your messy hair aren't locks until the mature either

Christopher Landon Cremeans
@christopher-landon-cremeans
12 years ago
14 posts

That's a good way to look at it.

Baba Fats said:

The best part: Starting. I loved the idea that I would never have to pick up a brush again.

The most eye opening: The day I forgot when I started. Granted, for me this was about 3 days in. But you get the idea. I believe that you should never pay attention to how old they are. What does that do other than remind you that yours aren't as far along as someone else. And that means nothing. When I was 8 months in, I looked like I was 3 days in. Other who are 4 months in, look like that are 2 years in. So why pay attention to how old they are?

Also, when you see that you don't have mature locks yet, you tend to not think of yourself as having locks. You see yourself as will-be-having-locks-soon. The minute you stop brushing, you are growing locks. They may not be tight and matted. But their babies. You don't say a baby isn't a human until they grow up. So you shouldn't say your messy hair aren't locks until the mature either

The-Pygmy Page
@the-pygmy-page
12 years ago
43 posts
I feel so much more myself when I have dreads growing .Also it helps show you who is shallow enough to give that much of a car about how you wear your hair .
The-Pygmy Page
@the-pygmy-page
12 years ago
43 posts
care*
Caleb Birch
@caleb-birch
12 years ago
17 posts
The best part for me is everything I've learned and everything I will learn. Not jut about hair or oil but about myself as well
Lapis Angela Lazuli
@lapis-angela-lazuli
12 years ago
76 posts
I'm really starting to feel like myself. I feel so much more comfortable with my hair. I love every part of this journey. even the mistakes.
Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

i only like to keep track of the time for documentation purposes, so people can see the journey & progress, but it would be great to forget. i do keep forgetting what month i'm on & then i see my timeline or photos that say it & i'm like oh yeah, that's where i'm at!

& beautiful bit about the baby locks, i needed that reminder <3

Baba Fats said:

Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

loving the answers! i can relate to all of them :)

HayleyB124
@hayleyb124
12 years ago
58 posts
My favorite part so far is the opportunity my hair has given me to spend quality time with my boyfriend. He helps me separate and soon he'll be helping me wrap and decorate :)
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form