Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hello all!

Lelia
@lelia
12 years ago
2 posts

Hello all! My name is Lelia and I just joined today. I Just moved to Texas a few weeks ago from Tennessee so I'm hoping to make some new friends. I am a Celtic Pagan and I amapproaching my 3rd year of dedication. I currently only have two dreads in the back that are about 3 months old. I've been dealing with a lot of looping in them especially the older one (just by a week or so) I'm trying to fix it bywrappingthem with hemp string. I't worked before so maybe It'll work again. I dont really use any thing on them, I palm roll mostly but that's all. it's hard keeping them and the rest of my hair separated, which is a big reason why I want more.I've been getting mixed info about what to use and what not so I've decided to just stick with back combing, Twist and Rip then wrapping for the first few weeks. I use residue free shampoo, (at least I think it is its suave i think "deep cleansing")
I'm really hoping to make some friends on here. I'm really shy at first and kind of distant until I get to know you..... Then I'm kinda weird and Crazy :D

updated by @lelia: 01/13/15 09:36:04PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

dont use suave its nit residue free

loops dont need fixing they are them dreading if you want then to dread u want them to loop

just let them loop dont palm roll dont wrap leave em alone

welcome

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

if u want more dreads just throw your comb awauy let it dread

but u used wax wax is a huge mistake a dread killer and a scam u got to remove all traces of wax right away

u dont gotta backcomb tnr wrap roll nothing just stop combing and lert it dread its that simple

--
Kelly3
@kelly3
12 years ago
333 posts

Following on from what SE said, if you want to put in your dreads, rather than letting them grow, either TnR or backcomb; not both. TnR is a much healthier method. Never use wax, and remove any wax you did use. Have a really good read of the dreaducation tab.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

NEVER use suave. There are 2 ingredients that have been directly linked to a few types of cancer just from skin contact: Methylchloroisothiazolinone, and methylisothizolinone. In the factory where they produce it, the FDA requires workers to wear gloves when handling it. Why would you put it on your skin directly?

Also, it's not a residue free shampoo

Lelia
@lelia
12 years ago
2 posts

Why not both? I back combed the roots on my second one before TnR hoping for them to hold better. And I have read it.

Adam Kelly said:

Following on from what SE said, if you want to put in your dreads, rather than letting them grow, either TnR or backcomb; not both. TnR is a much healthier method. Never use wax, and remove any wax you did use. Have a really good read of the dreaducation tab.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

backcomb is fairly damaging its better to just tnr

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form