Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dread empire

divinemomentsofpain
@divinemomentsofpain
12 years ago
20 posts

hey everyone! i just wanted to ask if anyone knows anything about Dread Empire liquid dreadlock shampoo? cheers

updated by @divinemomentsofpain: 02/14/15 10:18:46AM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Don't use it. First, they say that they use grapefruit and lime oils in it. Both have citric acid. That is horrible for your hair. It dries it out and makes it extremely brittle. Second, their website promotes wax. Which means they promote ignorance about locks. I doubt they have any idea how to grow healthy locks and just mix and match what they think would work.

Just stay away from their products in general

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

like all wax pushers they should be boycotted

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
divinemomentsofpain
@divinemomentsofpain
12 years ago
20 posts

thanks for answearing. but i cant really see how a shampoo could make it any worse for me. i tried the dreadlockshampoo.com for over two months and that made my scalp itch like crazy and dandurff was really bad, then i changed to knottyboy bar and that worked better but my scalp is still flaky in some areas combined with dandurf. i dont want to brush those months away but im pretty close because i cant stand this.even tried bs wash but i didnt like that at all. if i havnt found a shampoo in a week im just gonna bury this project :(

Kelly3
@kelly3
12 years ago
333 posts

Have you tried ice cold rinses?

divinemomentsofpain
@divinemomentsofpain
12 years ago
20 posts

yeah tried that to and it makes no difference except my head gets cold, i think i have tried everything recomended on this site but maby everyone cant have dreadlocks, i have a very sensitive scalp but before i started dreading i never had a problem cause i used a really good shampoo that worked exellent, its when i started to use residue free shampoos that this problem started :( i need to find a good shampoo asap but now i reached the poingt that i think i will have the same problem with all residue free shampoos

Adam Kelly said:

Have you tried ice cold rinses?

divinemomentsofpain
@divinemomentsofpain
12 years ago
20 posts

thanks for your answear.so what do you recomend?and dont say bs wash or dreadlockshampoo.com

Baba Fats said:

Don't use it. First, they say that they use grapefruit and lime oils in it. Both have citric acid. That is horrible for your hair. It dries it out and makes it extremely brittle. Second, their website promotes wax. Which means they promote ignorance about locks. I doubt they have any idea how to grow healthy locks and just mix and match what they think would work.

Just stay away from their products in general

divinemomentsofpain
@divinemomentsofpain
12 years ago
20 posts

i dont care if theyre wax pushers,i dont use wax. i think its up to the people to collect information BEFORE they get dreads, ofcourse companies tries to make you buy shit,thats what this capitalistic world is all about and i understand what u mean about boycotting companies like that but im willing to give everything a shot here. its kind of the same things with drugs, if you become a heroin junkie you cant really blame it on the pusher,its your own decition, same with wax

soaring eagle said:

like all wax pushers they should be boycotted

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

lol. OK. Have you tried just making a spray bottle with jojoba, teatree, and rosemary oils in it? Obviously water too.

It's a tough call. Do you have hard water? I may be worth looking into getting a soft water filter for your shower head. Hard water has minerals in it like limestone.

I have never had a flake problem, so I don't know the best course to take when none of the regular remedies don't work. Eagle or Heather may be the ones the ask.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

It's more that because they push wax, they are willing to push other damaging products. Hence how damaging their shampoo is. I didn't look at all of their products. But I'd venture to bet none of them are good for locks, or hair in general

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form