Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

A.C.V wash? help?

Daydreamer
@daydreamer
12 years ago
47 posts

I'm thinking about trying the ACV wash after about a month of using the BS wash. I've had little to no dandruff which surprises me but I wanna try the soak(in my sink) to see whats all left behind in my dreadies after 5 months of having them. Plus I hear that its very conditioning. My only issue... what are the measurements?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. :)

updated by @daydreamer: 02/14/15 02:00:53AM
Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

the acv is supposed to be a rinse after the bs. have you read the washing thread?

Daydreamer
@daydreamer
12 years ago
47 posts

Yes. but I'vealso heard you could use it as a soak... correct me if I am wrong.

Ixchel said:

the acv is supposed to be a rinse after the bs. have you read the washing thread?

Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

are you thinking the baking soda deep cleanse? http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/super-clean-dreads-safe-for

i've never heard of someone just using acv. it doesn't clean & it is conditioning so it doesn't seem like that would work right alone. it just brings your hair back to a good ph level & keeps you from drying out from the bs.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

you should do acv after every bs or yoir really screwing up the ph ballance and majing your hair and scalp unhealthy

so after the bs wash use only a couple spoonfulls in alot of water pour on then rinse off right away

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

u dont want to soak in it till your dreads are mature

buyt u want to use it every single time ytou use baking soda

--
Daydreamer
@daydreamer
12 years ago
47 posts
Thanks SE and Ixchel! I've seen quite a few vids on youtube of people doing a deep cleanse using baking soda and ACV with sea salt and a tsp or so of lemon juice mixing it all together in their sink and soaking in it for 10 min or so then washing out. Thats what I was getting at. but I may just end up using it after each BS wash.
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

It's not necessary to. You really could use bars from the start. But washing with a bar is a little more aggressive than liquid. I'd say switch to a bar when you wash and the don't untangle much or at all.

As far as the ACV rinse. It's a rinse, not a wash. You should only do it after you wash with BS. The BS should stay in for 10 minutes. the ACV should only be left on for about 5 seconds. It doesn't clean your scalp of hair at all. It just softens it up and resets the pH after the BS wash raises it.

Daydreamer, never use lemon juice, or lime juice, or any citrus fruit juice at all. Citrus fruit has citric acid in it, which is very damaging to your hair. It seeps into the hair shaft and breaks it down from the inside. People use lemon juice to lighten their hair. That lightening is how the damage shows up.

And NEVER mix BS and ACV together. The chemical reaction is not good for your scalp, hair, or health. Check out youtube and watch the videos of people mixing BS and vinegar in water bottles. They explode. You don't want to do that on your head. It won't explode, but it fizzies, which it what happens when the heat created starts to burn. You can really damage your hair and scalp by burning it

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

try the bar if you like it stick with it

i love the bars way more then the liquid

ive only done the bs/acv like twuce since discovering the sreadlockshampoo.com bars

--
Daydreamer
@daydreamer
12 years ago
47 posts

Thankso much Baba for the tips. I'mthinking once I get to my six month mark here soon I'll just stop using the BS wash all togther and get a bar.

Someone was telling me to put lemon juice in myhair but I didn't think it sounded good so I've never tried it.but I have beenusing BSwithout using theACV after.. I didn't really see it necessary.

Baba Fats said:

It's not necessary to. You really could use bars from the start. But washing with a bar is a little more aggressive than liquid. I'd say switch to a bar when you wash and the don't untangle much or at all.

As far as the ACV rinse. It's a rinse, not a wash. You should only do it after you wash with BS. The BS should stay in for 10 minutes. the ACV should only be left on for about 5 seconds. It doesn't clean your scalp of hair at all. It just softens it up and resets the pH after the BS wash raises it.

Daydreamer, never use lemon juice, or lime juice, or any citrus fruit juice at all. Citrus fruit has citric acid in it, which is very damaging to your hair. It seeps into the hair shaft and breaks it down from the inside. People use lemon juice to lighten their hair. That lightening is how the damage shows up.

And NEVER mix BS and ACV together. The chemical reaction is not good for your scalp, hair, or health. Check out youtube and watch the videos of people mixing BS and vinegar in water bottles. They explode. You don't want to do that on your head. It won't explode, but it fizzies, which it what happens when the heat created starts to burn. You can really damage your hair and scalp by burning it

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form