Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Cut my dreads for a job. Now I have a job, and I want to grow them back again.

Sivaharan Rajkumar
@sivaharan-rajkumar
12 years ago
8 posts
Hi All,So I used to have dreads for almost 2 years. I got them while I was in Vanuatu. I went with the braid method, and just left them as is and they eventually turned into dreads. This was during Uni, and I could get away with having rubber bands at the end of my hair.Unfortunately I had to cut them because I was struggling to find a job with dreads (as an engineer). So I ended up cutting them (which I made video of link below). http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=video&cd=3&cad=rja&ved=0CDQQtwIwAg&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dyv6yj4g8lUA&ei=EYdZUICuGYWemQWdwYHQDA&usg=AFQjCNHnMOHzUyJotQUkPNKhWaUYFlTwhQ&sig2=JOaIt2tsZ832_HyZRhVvDQ After I got the job, I really want them back. I can't get away with it looking too shabby at work, as I have people like the CEO walk around the office. My hair is thick and short (kind of like an afro). I also haven't washed my hair with shampoo for nearly 3 -4 months.So after all that my question is what is the best way to achieve dreads without looking too shabby? I currently just twist my hair once in a while and I get some definition, but after sleeping it goes back to an afro again.
updated by @sivaharan-rajkumar: 02/14/15 04:59:43AM
Rainbow Fortune
@rainbow-fortune
12 years ago
123 posts

Well, regardless of the started method, they all have to go through the messy stage. But you can cover up with a tam or something.

If you want to use a starter method, use it, but use it only once. Repeating it only sets your progress back to day one.

And if you are twisting, don't retwist, as it can cause baldness.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Like Rainbow said, every time you reTnR it, you set the progress back to the first day. It'll never progress past that.

hey will have to go through a messy stage in order to lock up. It's the natural progression of locks. I'd recommend you get a nice plain black tam, and wear that at work. It's professional, and will cover your hair ruing the messy phase. Plus tams allow for a general knottiness to form. It will need a bit more separating to keep them from congoing together, but it will help promote knots.

And never twist your hair. It causes traction alopecia, which leads to baldness if it isn't allowed to heal

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

next time the ceo walks by say hey can i talk to you a minute

sit down an d have a chat explain that dreads are o=important to you and you wish to grow them in a healthy clean way you will wash them often (washing helps ) (rubber bands dont never leave rubber bands in dreads!)

u can let it dread naturaly or use twist n rip

like they said u can wear a tam at work or a bandana or whatever to cover em up

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

what browser are u using we are trying to track down this blank post bug

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Sivaharan Rajkumar