Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

+16 months, Neglect Dreadlocks Timeline from short and curly hair

Diego F.
@diego-f
12 years ago
73 posts

Hey people, here i am, finally with a timeline documenting my progress...

My hair is naturally curly, thick and poofy.

This is my hair exactly when i found this site at the end of May 2012:

Day 01 [06/02/2012]:

Day 10:

Day 20:

Day 30:

Day 40:

Day 45:

Day 49:

Day 56:

Day 76:

Day 97:

103 days:

That's it! I plant to document on day 120, so keep your eyes here! [actually i'm on the day 104]

Edit: Found some things on my hair

Day 107:

5 MONTHS:

6 months

194 days:

And i'm washing with baking soda and appleseed vinegar every 2 days + spike lavender and rosemary essential oils, and every 7-10 days with Neutrogena Anti-residue [to get the bs+hard water residue from my scalp]

7 months

8.5 months

9.5 months:

Shrinkage of a dread:

+Bonus: a noodle on my hair, just to show you how curly my hair is

10 months:

wet hair and a really soft dread

Over 11 months:

My dreads are beginning to get solid. The back is all looped, the side have few loops, and the dreads are a bit straight and have loosen hair coming out of them [this is really annoying].I wash with dreadlockshampoo patchouli bar 3 times a week.

16 months [my webcam is broken and with shitty quality, so it's impossible to notice how evolved my dreads are]:

updated by @diego-f: 02/14/15 08:09:51AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

doing good lil more length will help

also try adding sea salt to the bs and add twatree and roselmary too dor dandruff

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Diego F.
@diego-f
12 years ago
73 posts

Thank you!

Hey SE, i think that is the sea salt that is making the crusts on my sections roots [i can remember that when i forget to use seasalt this doesn't happen]...Finally found the teatree oil on local online shops, i'll order it tomorrow!

I'm waiting for more lenght... I was a bit disappointed in my journey, but i can see that the most developed sections on my hair are the lenghty ones...

soaring eagle said:

doing good lil more length will help

also try adding sea salt to the bs and add twatree and roselmary too dor dandruff

Alicia S
@alicia-s
12 years ago
32 posts
Your hair reminds me of my sons hair. He's not dreading his but his curls are a lot like yours, only curlier in spots. Some of his curls are so tight they're smaller than a pencil and right now at about 4 inches long some of them don't even form a full circle. Today at the store someone told him he has an awesome afro, lol, though I'd call it more of a poof ball than an afro. Good luck on your journey!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

they are getting wild:)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Diego F.
@diego-f
12 years ago
73 posts

Thanks! Just hitted the six month mark on day 2 of this month... I updated the pictures of the sixth month...

Actually i have lots of loops that resembles sea horses, pig tails, and crazy S shapes, most on the back of my head... First i planned to have big congos, but now i'm separating and letting my hair with a crazy and natural pattern of sizes...

I'm having trouble with a LOT of loosen hair, and most of them are hair that i had pulled to separate some dreads that were congoing.

Now i'm using essential oils on my hair washes [i'm using rosemary essential oil, and "spike lavender" essential oil], hoping that i will treat my scalp psoriasis... I felt some relief and i feel that my hair is making less dandruff flakes]...

I'm washing with Neutrogena anti-residue every 10 days and with bs/acv every 3 days [bs makes residue, in some weeks, i think that is because of hard water], and i plan to import some dreadlockshampoo bars [it will be very expensive because it will be taxed here in Brazil but i think it worth it]

Danielle Hache
@danielle-hache
12 years ago
100 posts

omg thats a great timeline..looks good

Diego F.
@diego-f
11 years ago
73 posts

8.5 months now! I've updated the pictures on the first post!

Diego F.
@diego-f
11 years ago
73 posts

yeah Robyn... i really loved it. It makes my scalp and hair a bit dry and soft but helps it to knot faster. I had shrinkage after the first wash with the Locking Up shampoo.

Oh and i need to update my timeline...

Robyn said:

Are you enjoying your shampoo? :)
Diego F.
@diego-f
11 years ago
73 posts

I have updated my timeline ;D this is my last update before June 2 [1 year dreadaversary]... Well, day after day my hair is looking more like i have dreadlocks... The back of my head is dreaded, and now my dreads there are shrinking and eating some loose hair...

The sides are beginning to curl and dread... i have some dreads on the front too... I'm washing with dreadlockshampoo [liquid and bar] and i feel secure to say that everything is going good, and the progress is going fast now, i still cant believe...

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form