Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Not washing hair enough ?

Jessica9
@jessica9
12 years ago
27 posts
My hair is one month old (i know, not very long, but thats not the point)i wash my hair once a week . It doesnt ever get itchy. My old normal hair , got oily wiyhin 3 days ,then id put it up and leave it ,so my hair is use to not being washed for a week or so.But ive noticed other people need to pull their dreads apart . I never need to .Im nervous its because my hair isnt doing anything ,though im sure there isnt going to be very much going on so soon .Plus , none of my dreads have fallen out ,why ?Some have barely even losen up .alot feel like the matted hair youd feel on an animal lol .i dont need to be told my hair is to young ,i know this lol . I just want to know whats going on with my hair
updated by @jessica9: 02/14/15 09:20:12AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

weekly is fine 2-3 times a weeks better

how did u start them

what are u washing with

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jessica9
@jessica9
12 years ago
27 posts
I could wash more. I'm just honestly lazy, and don't thing wet when I don't have to. LolI did pretty much twist and rip. My hair was so fine and thin, I had to back comb a little just to have enough volume to get it to stay when I T'n'R.I wash with 1/2 cup of BS, in one of those large water things. Let it sit in while I do everything else I need to do, shave, wash etc. Then rinse it out, then do ACV, a cap full in the same thing. And rinse right away, with cold water.I put them up in a towel for like 30 mins and hair dry after that. It doesn't take very long.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

d skip the wrapping in the towel if u stop doing that i bet u notice a diference fast

--
Jessica9
@jessica9
12 years ago
27 posts
What does adding salt water to my water do?I did that once, does it really make a difference
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

yea it will it dries out the hair and makes it dread and tighten faster u want 3 1/2 peecent of the water volume to equal the salt water in the ocean

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

oh and make sure its sea salt not iodized table salt

--
Jessica9
@jessica9
12 years ago
27 posts
I added 5 table spoons to that huge pitcher. Do I need more, I'm not good with math lol.Yep its Sea Salt, we have a bunch for all the piercings in the house
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

im not either lol but that sounds like a good guestimization

--
DreadedThor
@dreadedthor
12 years ago
12 posts

How big is "one of those large water things"? It should be 2 tablespoons of salt, for every quart(32oz, 4 cups) of water. If your container is larger, add 1/2 tablespoon for every 8oz.

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form