Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Anything else to do while doing neglect dreads?

joe smith
@joe-smith
12 years ago
11 posts

i wash my hair every 2-3 days with a non residue shampoo.and i sometimes wear a beanie to bed. other than that i dont brush it and i am trying not to touch it (i have a bad habit of touching it). is there anything else i need to do? i feel like im missing something.

thanks

updated by @joe-smith: 01/13/15 09:35:22PM
Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

a beanie might be too tight & actually restrict movement & knotting while you sleep (which is normally a good time to form knots from the rolling around on your head). you don't have to wear anything on your head, but if you'd like to a loose (wool) tam would probably be better.

not missing anything. just love wash & separate as wanted/needed to avoid congos.

joe smith
@joe-smith
12 years ago
11 posts

thanks for the tips

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,639 posts

go camping for a few weeks

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Scott Marzano
@scott-marzano
12 years ago
5 posts

agreeing with soaring eagle, get out in it for a bit, good for your hair, good for the soul, good to just help ya let go and enable you to not worry/think about it so much.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

The less you worry about your hair the more you become you, a person who just so happens to have locks. Instead of that guy-with-locks.

That's why I always try to recommend people take down and cover up their mirrors for a few months. If you can't look at yourself every day except in car windows and your shadow, you will be much happier with the progress just by the feel of them

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form