Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I need a shampoo! :)

Wulfric47
@wulfric47
12 years ago
2 posts

Hi! I'm new so sorry if this question is in the wrong place :) I'm really into the whole neglect process and everything. I keep trying and trying but give up at the 3 month mark and it's not for the reason you may think. I get dandruff and I freak out that once my dreads get going, dandruff will be left inside and it will smell and create problems. I have tried the baking soda and apple cider vinegar for about a month and dr bronners for about a month. I have hard water. The baking soda and acv creates dandruff and so does dr bronners and that doesn't even rinse out. I cannot buy anything online so I was wondering if anybody knew some shampoos that are safe for dreads that you could buy in stores.

updated by @wulfric47: 01/13/15 09:35:19PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

why cant u buy online the best shampoo for dandruff is www.dreadlockshampoo.com

though the bs/acv will get rid of it to if you get the ratios right and u add teatree and rosemary esential oils

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

But BS doesn't work in hard water. If you were to get a water softener for your shower head, that would help make the BS wash work much better. And like Eagle said add teatree and rosemary to the mix

Wulfric47
@wulfric47
12 years ago
2 posts

i looked around and found something that might work

Shea Moisture Organic Hair Thickening Growth Milk Yucca & Aloe

its ingredients:

Deionized Water , Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) , Cocos Nucifera Oil (Coconut) , Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter , Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil (Jojoba) , Olea Europaea Oil (Olive) , Vegetable Glycerin , Persea Gratissima Oil (Avocado) , Triticum Vulgare Oil (Wheatgerm) , Grapeseed Oil , Sorbitol Esters , Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract , Cetyl Esters , Yucca Filamentosa Extract , Vegetable Protein , Adansonia Digitata Extract (Baobab) , Panthenol (Vitamin B-5) , Rosemary Extract , Bamboo Extract , Tocopherol (Vitamin E)

are they ok?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

thats almost entirely conditrioners

from the 1st to the last ingredient

unless your african american that will prevebt any dreading whatsopever

if you are african american it might still dread but thats a hell of alot of conditioners and im certain oit will leave residues as well

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form