Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

To Croche or not to croche?...

Fernand
@fernand
12 years ago
11 posts
Hello there, I do not as of yet have dreads, I am waiting a couple more months for my hair to grow a bit more. But I was wondering if it is ok to start dreads with TnR and then croche in loose hairs after a couple weeks.Does anyone know?
updated by @fernand: 01/13/15 09:35:13PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

jell no unless u love crocheting loose hairs u do it once u break hairs and create more loose hairs then u do it again and again and again and make them extremely weak dammaged and u become a slave to crocheting every week otr 3 to fix the damage your causing which causes more and more

u never want to crochet even once as if u do it delays drwading by 6 months

its 1 of the worse thibgs that u can do

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Fernand
@fernand
12 years ago
11 posts
I see, thanks for that info. I know dreads are supposed to be messy the first couple of months, is there anything else I can do besides croche to keep most of the hairs in a dread and frizz at a minimal?
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

They will always be messy. Even mature locks are frizzy. If you really need to keep the neat for a special event like a wedding, or pictures, you can get the gel from dreadlockshampoo.com. But I wouldn't recommend doing it on the regular. You need them to be messy for a while. If they aren't messy, they aren't locking.

Fernand
@fernand
12 years ago
11 posts

got it, thanks:D I'm really looking forward to starting my dreads!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form