Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

waxy beginnings

james varner
@james-varner
12 years ago
12 posts

i started my dreadlocks with bees wax I've had them for about 2 years and for the first year i used wax all the time i never tried to remove the wax from my dreads but Im pretty sure its all gone now because my dreads don't feel waxy or look waxy is it because i used bees wax or am i just an anomaly

updated by @james-varner: 01/13/15 09:35:12PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

no its because u cant dfeek the inside of the dread bees wax is extra hard to remove

\id get on removing it right away you will be amazed at how much better yjey are after its gone

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

You're not ananomaly I have a friend who has 6 year old locks that you can't feel the wax in either. It's because the wax is covered up by hair. It isn't on the surface anymore. Now it's stuck in the core of your locks. And it will be harder to remove because of it. And Beeswax is even harder to remove than DHHQ and KB.

Wax will never wash out in normal washes, so you can be 100% sure it's all there. If you were to cut open a lock, you'd see hair as an outer layer with a gooey sticky core.

If you are serious about removing it, spend a little extra time working the remover deep inside and let it sit for a bit longer

james varner
@james-varner
12 years ago
12 posts

thats just it recently i was at a party and some kid tore one of my dreads in half it wasn't that big of a deal to me but the center was the sameconsistencyas the surface

Baba Fats said:

You're not ananomaly I have a friend who has 6 year old locks that you can't feel the wax in either. It's because the wax is covered up by hair. It isn't on the surface anymore. Now it's stuck in the core of your locks. And it will be harder to remove because of it. And Beeswax is even harder to remove than DHHQ and KB.

Wax will never wash out in normal washes, so you can be 100% sure it's all there. If you were to cut open a lock, you'd see hair as an outer layer with a gooey sticky core.

If you are serious about removing it, spend a little extra time working the remover deep inside and let it sit for a bit longer

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

in 1/2 like across or down the length of it it can be inconsistent in clumps the only way to see it is to slice it the entire length of it

i would do wax removal and see for yourself wbat comes out

but when u used t did u me,lt it in or just put on the surface

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

If they are 2 years old, you should never have been able to rip them in half. That is proof in itself that they weren't mature. That is what wax does. You probably could have palm rolled the 2 halves back together and not even known it was separated once.

A mature lock is so intertwined that it would take half a bottle of conditioner, a brush and a few days to separate it. Not one kid in an instant with their bare hands

james varner
@james-varner
12 years ago
12 posts

i applied it to the surface
soaring eagle said:

in 1/2 like across or down the length of it it can be inconsistent in clumps the only way to see it is to slice it the entire length of it

james varner
@james-varner
12 years ago
12 posts

in 1/2 down the length of it

soaring eagle said:

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Still, If you palm rolled at all, it got pushed inside. And just over time, from sleeping and washing and any hats your wore, it got squished deeper and deeper inside

james varner
@james-varner
12 years ago
12 posts

i'll try wax removal and see what happens thanks for the advice man

Baba Fats said:

Still, If you palm rolled at all, it got pushed inside. And just over time, from sleeping and washing and any hats your wore, it got squished deeper and deeper inside

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form