Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Help ! Loose hair :( hair not dreading properly, in fact, not dreading at all ! veterans, rescue please !

Monica89
@monica89
12 years ago
1 posts

I got my hair tnr'ed in june first week. My hair is naturally straight, and silky however, i still went ahead with the idea.
for one week i washed my hair with no residue shampoos and tehn baking soda and got the hair tnr'ed. in the first month, it seemed normal, but then, in the second month, it turned into a big disaster ! such a mess, so many wispies, and my hair sort of started to find its way out the dreads..now i have so much of loose hair and since of course, no combing, no other cosmetics(except for the washing process) being used, it is getting wavy and the 'leftover' dreads are not dreading at all. I don't know if to call them dreads or not ! those are like twisted and ripped braids. Besides, even the braids are sort of getting really soft and though, the still is still badly knotted but at the roots, the hair is like what my loose hair used to be like earlier, silky, soft, straight.

I am thinking of re-starting but i am not that confident now. Is my hair's natural texture and quality gonna be a problem? Am i doing it the right way?

updated by @monica89: 01/13/15 09:35:09PM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

The process of locking is always a 1 step forward 2 steps back in the beginning. 2 months is practically no time at all. In TnR and back combing that process is greatlyexaggerated.

Everyone who did TnR sees a lot of unraveling before they see any progress. This is completely normal. Sometimes hair does come completely out at first. Don't worry about that.

And the roots in baby locks will almost always be straight for between 1 and 3 inches. When they mature that shrinks to between 1/4 and 1 inch.

Dreadlocks do not form over night. Mature locks, on average, take a full year to develop.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

your perfectly fine they are dioing exactly what they should be doing

find a discyussion called dreading the 1st weeks of sdreding

when u backcomvb or tnr ..u panic u expect then to dread right up but thety always get looser 1st always make u worry

if u went natural and they were at the same point now youd be extatic cause your already showing progress

tnr only gives u an illusion og\f helping start nthe progress but at most it only defines the ections thats all the rest is left up to the natural process

dont worry in a couple more months you'll love how much they progressed

dd sea salt to your regimen and it will dread faster..beads too

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form