Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Not sure if this is right...

HayleyB124
@hayleyb124
12 years ago
58 posts
After a lot of lurking and reading around the forums I decided to change my BS/acv recipe.In a 1.5 liter bottle I mixed 1/2 cup of baking soda and 1tbs of sea salt in 5 cups warm water and shook it until stuff stopped settling at the bottom. I also filled another 1qt bottle with cool water and added 1.5tbs acv. I saturated my hair with the BS mix, rubbed my scalp with is and let it sit for about 5min before rinsing for 15min. I then switched to cool water and poured the acv mix over my hair, made sure it saturates my hair and rinsed for another 15min.I'm fairly certain I thoroughly rinsed everything out of my hair and I can't taste anything in my hair and it's still damp but it feels really stiff/rough and weird. I'm just wondering if that's normal or if I effed something up.
updated by @hayleyb124: 01/13/15 09:35:07PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

how far into dreading are u ..stiff and weird like.too dry/ up the acv a bit then

u shouldnt have to rub tho

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
HayleyB124
@hayleyb124
12 years ago
58 posts
It's only my 3rd day. I think I was just overreacting because now that my hair is fully dry, it feels fine. Also, I guess rubbing was the wrong word. It was closer to spreading around. I just wanted to make sure I got it all over my scalp in hopes of clearing up a little dandruff I've been having over the last month or so lol
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

u can just pour it on it runs all i=over your scalp.. its as thick a s water it will soak right through and cover ecverything

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
HayleyB124
@hayleyb124
12 years ago
58 posts
Good to know. Thank you :)
Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

seems like a lot of bs for 5 cups of water. try doing 1 tbs bs per cup of water and that should help. plus i've found that if i do too much bs then my scalp dries out and i get more dandruff.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

As for our resident chemist, 1/2 a cup BS for 5 cups of water is average. For some water types, it may be too much or too little. But usually just right. And 5 Tbls is only a little under 1/2 a cup.

Myschyf
@myschyf
12 years ago
115 posts
Also if ur not using the oils it feels a bit stiffer. I noticed that in the month I didn't use them. I was getting acne and all sorts of fun stuff. The moment I started using the essential oils (lavender, rosemary & teatree) my hair felt less rigid after showering, and the dandruff & acne went away within 2 washes.
Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

5 tbls is actually 1/4 cup plus a tbls. might make a difference for her depending on her water. the recommended amounts by the chemist left my hair super dry and my scalp itchy. i only use a 1/3 cup bs in a large pitcher of water and it works perfectly.

Baba Fats said:

As for our resident chemist, 1/2 a cup BS for 5 cups of water is average. For some water types, it may be too much or too little. But usually just right. And 5 Tbls is only a little under 1/2 a cup.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form