Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Why I started my dreads

Xephyre (Nae)
@xephyre-nae
12 years ago
26 posts

I've been thinking about dreads for about a year now. I've never been comfortable with my hair. Always messing with it, always having to do it. I never wanted to keep up with it anyways. So Decided to start research about 3 weeks ago. I have always loved the natural dreads. In berekley and San Francisco California, theres a lot of people who have grown dreads. I especially love the way the lighter colored dreads look. My preferance is the thicker dreads for myself, but I love them all. I chose dreads because they require one thing-Patience. I have bad anxiety and I can get very impatient. Growing these dreads and sticking to it will be a great test of my patience and motivation. Also, they will help me learn not to care so much about what I look like. I don't want to be in a mirror every hour, (how i used to be), I just want to free myself from the mass of people who are a slave to their appearance. It's very inconvenient. Yes, with dreads, people will automatically judge me and might even think I was sloppy or dirty, but thats another thing about dreads that I like, They are very misunderstood. So only the true people who love dreads know what its really like to have them. Dreads are a form of expressing yourself naturally. I love nature and I would love to live in the forests. My favorite movie is ferngully. Growing dreads will also help me get closer to nature :) Growing dreads, I feel like I have to be more healthy, to go along with the natural aura that I'm feeling as I'm starting my dreads. I'm starting to eat healthier, I stretch more everynight and give myself 20 minutes a night for silence to think and stretch and clear my mind.

So to summarize, 1. I love the way they look. 2. It will help me be a more patient person. 3. help me not to care what others think, and not to care what I look like anymore. 4. They are misunderstood and its easy to find a "True natural dreader". 5. Help me get closer to nature and have a more freeform feeling. 6. Help me want to be healthier.

I am looking foreward to this journey, I feel like my own self, like I have finally found my "thing" my place, something that makes me feel comfortable in my own skin. I always get mad at myself for giving up on things, but, with all the family that's here on this site to help me, I think I will be fine :)
Thank you guys!

Below are 3 pictures in attachments. 1. before dreads 2. my baby dreads, and 3. wrapped up in a bandana

updated by @xephyre-nae: 01/13/15 09:35:04PM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Congrats. Welcome to the club of wanting fat locks. But they take a but more care than others. Check out this post. It'll help you out a ton:

http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/fat-dreads-take-special-care#.UEf7KdaPWSp

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

looks like your off t9i a great start

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Xephyre (Nae)
@xephyre-nae
12 years ago
26 posts

Thank you baba and SE!
Baba Fats said:

Congrats. Welcome to the club of wanting fat locks. But they take a but more care than others. Check out this post. It'll help you out a ton:

http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/fat-dreads-take-special-...

Xephyre (Nae)
@xephyre-nae
12 years ago
26 posts

Xephyre (Nae) said:

Thank you baba and SE!
Baba Fats said:

http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/fat-dreads-take-special-...

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form