dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Short hair - natural dreads or wait til longer

wiesel
@wiesel
12 years ago
1 posts

Hello

I had dreads for about 18 months using crochet method to start with then I just more or less left them alone. I realised after the crochet situation that it wasn't the best idea. In March 2012 I shaved my dreads off because they were becoming heavy due to synthetic hair attached. I shaved to about grade 5 and have had 2 haircuts since as had to look pretty for a wedding.

Anyway I know crochet technique was a mistake but having dreads wasn't.

I was wondering should I start with natural dreads now or wait til my hair is longer.

My hair is wild looking no matter what I do with it on top it is about 4-6 cm at most. I don't ever comb my hair i just wash it and leave it be. Its not knotting because I am not really encouraging it too.

I am guessing my hair is way to short for actual dreads but is it better to start now for vinegar wash etc or wait til longer. If so what length

thanks

updated by @wiesel: 01/13/15 09:35:02PM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

It's probably not knotting because of the shampoo you're using and that it's just not long enough to see progress yet. What are you washing with?

You should start natural for now. Let it begin to section itself off. It may not knot for a little while, but it will begin to show signs if you use the right soap and just don't touch it for a while.

In a few months, if you don't like how the natural method is going, you can TnR them. But TnR usually needs about 6 inches to hold at all. So go natural until it's that long and see how you like it

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

narural and tnr are only an inch difference in required length (tnr 5 nat 6) u might as well start the natural proces sometimes it will dread shorter then usual u say its wild so thats a good sign!

let it go wild

its going to take some months to grow taking biotin suppliments will speed up growth (but nit right away it takes a couple months to see any speed increase)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form