Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Caked up flakes?

Justin Roundy
@justin-roundy
12 years ago
10 posts
Hey all,I'm new about these parts (hopefully I'll throw a picture out here of my baby dreads soon) but I was wondering if someone could help me out with a bit of a puzzle. I wash my past-my-shoulders length baby dreads with about 1:20 dilution Dr Bronners tea tree every third day but my scalp is putting out these nasty flakes nearly every day and itching like a banshee every couple days or so. There's also caked up areas of flakes as I run my fingers across my scalp. Has anyone else had this problem? Should I change dilutions, soaps, frequency?Thanks for your help~Justin
updated by @justin-roundy: 01/13/15 09:34:53PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

where do u live bronners wont rinse out of dreads in hard water if u have hard water use these www.dreadlockshampoo.com

dandruffs normal in baby dreads teatree and rosemary will help u can add rosenary to teatree bronners u can use the baking soda acv recipe with tetree rosemary or u can use the teatree rosemary bar from that link

how did u start yoir dreads?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Justin Roundy
@justin-roundy
12 years ago
10 posts
Well if it's normal I can deal for a while I suppose. How extreme is normal for baby dreads?I have soft water here in the city. I started out with twist and rip (I needed things to get neat-ish fast- business and lab conditions and all)I had heard of rosemary, do you order that online or pick it up at a particular kind of store?
Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts
I got all my oils at super supplements (if you're in te states). But just about any health food store should have them.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

this is where i get all my essential oils

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Justin Roundy
@justin-roundy
12 years ago
10 posts
Hey how much rosemary do you all put in your shampoo?
Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts
I do about 20 drops tea tree and 10-20 drops rosemary with the baking soda rinse. Then 10-20 drops lavender with the apple cider vinegar rinse. It can be pretty potent. And it'll burn your eyes if it gets in them! I haven't used Dr Bronner's, but the tea tree oil has a cooling effect on my scalp, which helps a lot with the itching. It's very relieving (I know this was about rosemary but I thought I'd toss that out there anyway).You could also try mixing the Dr Bronner's 1:12 ). If after a couple weeks it's not helping much give the baking side rinse a try. 1/2 C bs in 5 C warm water, just pour over your head then let it sit 20-30 minutes. Rinse with warmish water with a cold water rinse after that. I also kind of scrub my trouble spots with my finger tips while pouring it over my head. I was using the dreadlockshampoo for several months and I love it, but was having a flake build up and itch problem too. I switched back to bs/acv with oils and it's virtually disappeared.How often do you wash? Washing every other day to every 3rd day may help too. Also kind of massaging your bad spots with just your finger tips while washing.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form