Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Is this balding/ roots thinning and do you think i have to many dreads?

darcy cooper
@darcy-cooper
12 years ago
2 posts
I started my dreads randomly one night about a year ago. my hair was pretty short so when i started them so they looked like the really short tracy chapman baby dreads. because i never used anything like gel to keep them together each time i wash my hair they would come out. at the time i had no idea what i was doing i didnt know about oils and what not to use and etc. many friends family told me to go to a salon and other places to get my hair professionally done but i would always tell them no i liked how i never used products and the way it looked (i had no idea at this time wax and thing were bad) and that i thought when the scalp is shown it looks dumb; however i was twisting my hair constantly. after my hair began to get the dread like look instead of stubs i noticed i had quite a lot of dreads (i have no idea how many ive never attempted to count them) so i got serious about my hair and found this site after finding it i ordered the shampoo from deadlockshampoo.com and the gel and twisted my hair but then found the video about root thinning and balding and got freaked out because i was constantly twisting my hair. then i saw another video that was linked to the video about the root thinning that said when you have baby look and you wash them the hair near the root will still be tight but the tip will be fuzzy so im confused at whether my hair is thinning if im going bald and if i have to many dreads and should 2 strand twist them. i think its because my dreads are to thin and dont weigh enough but my dreads not able to be pulled back like most of the pictures ive seen on here so im not sure if im balding in only that one stop or its just because of how my hair lies.
updated by @darcy-cooper: 01/13/15 09:34:51PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

definately showing signs of trouble! and the 1st pic looks very shiny like u do have alot of products

stop twisting them compketely start massaging the scalp it hasnt gotten too bad so your going to be fine when u let them recover

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
darcy cooper
@darcy-cooper
12 years ago
2 posts
Yea I just used the gel from The site I got the shampoo from on that picture and yea I'm going to stop twisting for now on
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

good u should see a big diffeence in about 3 months ..post an update as they recover

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

I've got some balding on top of my head from over separating and a mix of my genes.

That first pic does look like you are showing signs of balding. If you just stop twisting them, and I'd even suggest stop using the gel, too (When you apply the gel, you are, ever so gently, forcing your sections away from each other, which causes scalp to show in between them), you will see a hugeimprovementin a few months. You could also get biotin or collagen and use that every day. In a moth or so, you will see a big change in the bald spot. Even though my genes have early baldness in them, both the biotin and collagen has help greatly

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form