Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

would the rip and tear method be good to get my natural ones started?

Joey Paone
@joey-paone
12 years ago
17 posts

like obviously they wouldnt be all natural if i did some rip and tear but im talking just a few peices hear and there and only a little bit just to give them a push?

updated by @joey-paone: 01/13/15 09:34:40PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

tnr isnt a bad method but if u want natural dreads why not just let em dread naturally?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

in many cases "giving them a push" isnt much of a push at all as they progres backwards while natural dreads progress forwards and by 4-6 months in they are virtualy at the same place anyways..not always but most of the time the push doesnt really speed things up all that drasticly

--
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

You could, but when you TnR them, you first see them untangle, which can be discouraging. It'll seem like they are moving backwards. While if you go 100% natural, they only move forward

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

i dont need to see whats suposed to be where u can feel what s there and whats there is there iu feel for clumps of hair and pull 1 away from another

do u actualy look at your hair when u seperate? i never have

--
Xephyre (Nae)
@xephyre-nae
12 years ago
26 posts
I started out with a light backcomb probably 45 minutes. I've been thinking should I do something else? But I take the thought out of my mind because I have faith and I know that my hair will dread up if I just leave it alone :)
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

You do not need to do anything else. Anything else you do to set the stage will just reset the progress to day one.

If you want to do anything, you can use sea salt in spray bottle, or your wash (If you use the BS/SCV wash/ When wixing sea salt, make sure you don't go over 3.5% salt to water. This is what ocean water is like. You want it as close to ocean water as possible.

Also, when looking at sea salt, in the store, look for the anti-caking agent. Many use Potassium Ferrocyanide. This is toxic when mixed with a strong acid. ACV is not strong, but better to be safe. Mine uses Calcium Silicate, which the FDA never approved for human consumption. It's used as a safe alternative toasbestos, and to waterproof concrete. Be careful with what you get. Even something as simple as salt still may contain harmful ingredients.

Xephyre (Nae)
@xephyre-nae
12 years ago
26 posts

Yeah I think the sea salt will be good for my hair. I'm starting to feel like I need to wash. So today or tomorrow I'm getting all the ingredients I need for the bs/acv wash. I have a few recipes that I got from around the site. :)

Baba Fats said:

You do not need to do anything else. Anything else you do to set the stage will just reset the progress to day one.

If you want to do anything, you can use sea salt in spray bottle, or your wash (If you use the BS/SCV wash/ When wixing sea salt, make sure you don't go over 3.5% salt to water. This is what ocean water is like. You want it as close to ocean water as possible.

Also, when looking at sea salt, in the store, look for the anti-caking agent. Many use Potassium Ferrocyanide. This is toxic when mixed with a strong acid. ACV is not strong, but better to be safe. Mine uses Calcium Silicate, which the FDA never approved for human consumption. It's used as a safe alternative toasbestos, and to waterproof concrete. Be careful with what you get. Even something as simple as salt still may contain harmful ingredients.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form