Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Feeling Discouraged.

Jack Lupino
@jack-lupino
12 years ago
6 posts

I mistakenly was interlocking like aggressively for a few months. In some areas there's like hard solid chunks of hair that feel like a rock. I even accidentally tied one lock in a knot or something somehow. I'm just like restless and paranoid about them snapping off. I had such a nice head of long hair before i went to the salon to have it twisted and it feels like a huge waste, like a blank canvas that was lit on fire instead of painted on. I am trying to transition to not touching/rolling my hair, I do it subconsciously, like a addict does drugs or sumthing. O well, we shall see.

updated by @jack-lupino: 01/13/15 09:34:21PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

any of the interlocks and knots u can undo try to as long as undoing it wont do more harm then good

you definately want to leave em alone completely those interlock points have no elasticity now

if its too late to undo anything then theres no point in being discouraged by whats done and done just from now on look forward to a healthier future

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jack Lupino
@jack-lupino
12 years ago
6 posts

Yea there's no way they are coming out at all. I did it like super tight and weaved it in and out of the spirals of hair so there would be no holes and no loops, i thought i was being clever but i was really just f'ing it up. But thanks, I just needed a pat on the back.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Sorry I wasn't around last night. I was at a juggling show that some friends were putting on.

I interlocked and tied knots in some of my locks years and years ago. If they can come out, great, if not, just let them be. Hair will start to tangle around those point, but you'll always have a hard bump there. It's not great for your locks, but mine haven't had any major issues at the spot I did that to. There's 1 lock that is a bit skinny and weak right below a knot, but that is due to when I palm rolled back in the day, and not due to the knot. The knot just didn't help it the way I thought it would.

You should be fine. Just stop messing with your hair as much. Only separate when they really need it, and they will heal themselves in given time

Jack Lupino
@jack-lupino
12 years ago
6 posts

ok thanks

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form