Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

18 Years old, Had Dreads for 2 years and 3 months now, Bald spot forming from retwisting

Markelle
@markelle
12 years ago
6 posts

Hello, I've had Dreads for a little over 2 years now and I fear I'm going Bald at the top of my head -_-. Like It just really started to occur to me after my last retwist which was july 2nd I thought about just not retwisting period and going the free form route but seeing as my dreads are already skinny as it is Im scared of the out come Here are pictures.

updated by @markelle: 02/14/15 02:43:36AM
Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

retwisting & othermaintenancecan cause that. stop getting them retwisted & just allow the new growth toflourish& knot itself as it grows. do you do anything else to care for them?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

never retwist dsreads retwisting causes dreads to get skinny and break and causes traction alopecia and balding

your seeing it at just 2 years this is what it will look like in 10 mi=on=re if u retwist again

http://www.dreadlockssite.com/video/retwisting-interlocking-tightening-dreads-locs-roots-dangers#.UDT9bqM52So

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

salons screwed u like they always do ?(most just dont know better but they also refuse to learn better ways too)

ok herees my prescription

keep the weight off them and the tension off the roots

stop twisting ofcourse

massage the scalp daily to increase bloodflow

find a member named jay simmons (hes the 1 in that vid) find his discussions and read all the recomendations made for him especialy those made by panterra who is a true expert

post vids on youtube about why you should never retwist dreads

--
Markelle
@markelle
12 years ago
6 posts

yea the salon lady really twisted TOO damn tight like this just started to appear really after my last retwist Im looking back at all my old pictures and I dont see it forming yet. I wash them like every 4 days with the organic natrual root stimulator shampoo & condition it with hair mayonaise from the same product line. I heard vinegar makes it grow back?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

freeform is absolutely the way to go ..the way you should have gone from the beginning

they will thicken up tothe size of the section at the roots u see how twisting has made the dreads 1/3 the thickness of he roots section? or even thinner?

if u never retwisted they would be alot thicker stronger healthier

amonst african american community theres an epidemic of traction alopecia 1/2 the dreads u see have it at least in early stage same with 1/t the ppl wearing braids or corn rows

in fact something like 50,000 19 year olds a year have hao]=ir transplants due to it

its from braiders and locticians forcing the roots to be painfully tight so the hairs pulled right out of the scalp and doesnt grow back

they try to convince you it a "tidy" look to have your scalp showing but it really a diseased look

at a guess how much had u paid over the past 2 years only to end up going bald at 18?

its amazing they dont get sued daily

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

i made a lil edit on the title , added tags and moved to a more appropriate forum category since this is a loctician recovery issue

--
Markelle
@markelle
12 years ago
6 posts

I figured that..Thats the route Im seriously about to take now & I retwist once ever 3-4 months but I would never go to the same loctition. I would say about 1k all in all. But thanks alot, Im just going to let them do their thing. Ive allways wanted thick dreads in th first place.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

hair mayonese? wtf is that

ive heard alot of ppl had severe buildup isssues from that root stimulater stuff and,,mayonese?

sounds gross

it will grow back but u got to get bloodflw to the scalp and u git to stop twisting..period..

everytuime u twist its just going to get worse

u shouldnt be goibg to any "salon lady" dreads arent a salon tyhing they are the natural state of yoir hair when you avoid salons

Markelle said:

yea the salon lady really twisted TOO damn tight like this just started to appear really after my last retwist Im looking back at all my old pictures and I dont see it forming yet. I wash them like every 4 days with the organic natrual root stimulator shampoo & condition it with hair mayonaise from the same product line. I heard vinegar makes it grow back?

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form