Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Roots are growing together and are very fuzzy

Jessica Whitney
@jessica-whitney
12 years ago
1 posts

I'm not really sure how to stop this. I have had my dreads for about 10 months and when I got them done my friend used the back combing method. The dreads were sectioned poorly and they have been getting all tangled up in each other. I separate them and try to keep them apart while I do some clockwise rubbing. I've tried the crochet hook too and nothing seems to help. They are just starting to look really nice but i have so much loose hair on top of my head i look ridiculous. I'm almost certain Its impossible to get it all with the hook and it seems every time I check on my roots there's more dreadies getting locked together. I really dont want to cut them off. it seems like since ive been attending to my root problem by separating them, the loose hairs and the congoing have been getting out of hand. somebody help before i ruin them beyond repair??? :(

updated by @jessica-whitney: 01/13/15 09:33:52PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

never ever ever crochet or root rub!
tbhats a huge mistake
now leave the roots alone completely youve done more then enough damage already
just seperare by pulling the drads apart ripping the connecting hair
yoiurs suposed to have loose hairs covering the scalp

your nit suposed to force roots to be tighter then they want to be and u definately dont want to rub or poke holes in them

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

u mention u use dreadheadhq what from them every single thing they recomend is bad if u used wax we got alot of a mess to clean up

but the rubbing ..the poking ..its all damagung to an extrene

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form