Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

hello forum

feelin irie
@feelin-irie
15 years ago
10 posts
hello everyone my name is alan, i have had my locs now for 4 months and i love em. i have always wanted dreads for as long as i can remember and finaly after a year and a half of growing my hair i thought it was time to start my adventure. i had a friend that has never done dreads before start them for me and after about 3 days, 25 hours later they were born. ok so now for the questions most of them are locking up great but there are loose spots in the middle of most of them and they have loops of loose hairs in the locked parts(u-shape) what shoud i do to get these problems taken care of. any help would be great thanks alot.
updated by @feelin-irie: 01/13/15 08:29:10PM
Remiss
@remiss
15 years ago
40 posts
Hey welcome to the forum brother!Ok so how did you start your journey?for your loops maybe its just because its not all the part of the dread that is locking up in tha same time.. if you want you can put a bead on it, it will help.loose hair is normal don't worry.The best advice I can ggive you its to let them do their things they will lock on their own.4 month is still young give them time and don't worry about them...they will probably feel better hahasee ya mannamaste
Iain
@iain
15 years ago
844 posts
hey man sounds good,sounds about right 2 me, your in the time period where all kinda things seem wrong with your locs,the loops are necessary to your dreadsas time goes on you'll see them compress within your dreads to give them the texture that you probably desire,the loose spots in the middle will probably dread as well, a picture could help 2 if you're worried about it, as I had those 2, I re-backcombed only one that was completely loose hair with a tiny dreaded tip, the rest kinda worked themselves out,anyway man hope its going good for you
Jim the Kraken
@jim-the-kraken
15 years ago
81 posts
welcome!i've got a couple loops too but i dont mind them because they give the dreads some character, but if you really want to get them out, beads work pretty well.
feelin irie
@feelin-irie
15 years ago
10 posts
they were started from a dread kit from dreadhead hq i know what you guys are thinkin (why would you do that?) and the reason is because i have heard good things about there products,and i have also heard a crazy amount of people bash them and say how they are horrible people and they sell shity products that just ruin your hair/dreads. i am still very new to the dreadlock scene so i didnt know and still kinda dont about what kind of products to use if any? they were backcombed and waxed to start,and i have never put any wax on since the first day ive heard nothin but horror stories about wax. i wash them atleast once a week maybe twice is that too often? as for using the beads to control the loops of loose hairs does that mash them together to make it all matted into one or are they permanent to just kinda hide it? cause i have a loop in just about every one. i dothank all you guys that have replied to my post with tips and help i already feel very welcome at this site thanks again alan
Jim the Kraken
@jim-the-kraken
15 years ago
81 posts
My experience with beads tells me that you keep the bead on for a month or two and then the loop should stay down on its own. And i did the whole dreadhead hq thing too and just recently stopped using wax. So your not the only one who fell for it.
Remiss
@remiss
15 years ago
40 posts
You should try to remove this wax of your hair... even if you used it only one time.I used wax once, the day I made my dread, and after 3 months there were still wax on them!Now that I get rid of that, I can tell you that they are dreading faster and better. Wax doesn't help the dreading process at all.check the wax removal thread it works pretty well... with a lot of effort but you won't regret it.see ya man and good luck feelin irie said:
they were started from a dread kit from dreadhead hq i know what you guys are thinkin (why would you do that?) and the reason is because i have heard good things about there products,and i have also heard a crazy amount of people bash them and say how they are horrible people and they sell shity products that just ruin your hair/dreads. i am still very new to the dreadlock scene so i didnt know and still kinda dont about what kind of products to use if any? they were backcombed and waxed to start,and i have never put any wax on since the first day ive heard nothin but horror stories about wax. i wash them atleast once a week maybe twice is that too often? as for using the beads to control the loops of loose hairs does that mash them together to make it all matted into one or are they permanent to just kinda hide it? cause i have a loop in just about every one. i dothank all you guys that have replied to my post with tips and help i already feel very welcome at this site thanks again alan
FoxyFresh
@foxyfresh
15 years ago
105 posts
HELLO DERR WELCOME :-D
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form