Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Lockin Up Shampoo.

Becsley Q Penguinface
@becsley-q-penguinface
12 years ago
36 posts

So I was looking at the dreadlock soap and the Lockin Up liquid shampoo that they say is great for baby dreads, which I will soon have. Only problem is, with postage to Australia it will cost me over $30 for one bottle which is far too much for this hippie :P

Just wanted to know if it's worth it, or if the BS wash will be fine for my babies when they're born.

Also, I've stopped using conditioner, should I wait til my dreads are in to start with the BS wash, or the sooner the better?

Thanks for your help!

Peace to you.

updated by @becsley-q-penguinface: 02/14/15 03:37:09AM
Rainbow Fortune
@rainbow-fortune
12 years ago
123 posts

I don't know about the Lockin' up, I live in Serbia so it's kinda impossible for me to get it anyways.

As for the washing, you can start doing the BS right away, it will help your hair section, so when you get them, you can use the sections created naturally on your head, use it's natural pattern.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

The way they handle their shipping is that they use certain sized boxes. If you go back to the site and add 2 more bottles, it should cost the same in shipping. Just add bottles until the shipping cost goes up. Then take 1 bottle out. It'll cost a bi more, because you are buying more soap, but it'll be cheaper to not have to buy 1 bottle at a time every few months and pay for the same shipping each time.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,639 posts

the shippings flat rate so u can fit 3 or 4 bottles in a box b4 the price gi]=oees up so add several then remove 1 at a time til the price drops if u getthe max at a time its not so bad

the bs isa fine use it now if u want

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Doogie
@doogie
12 years ago
321 posts

I have tried the liquid and to me, it didn't seem to do anything. I started with the bars back in June or July and seen an incredable difference than with the liquid!

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

I always liked bars more, too. But were you lathering just as much with the liquid as you do with the bar?

Eric Andrikowich
@eric-andrikowich
12 years ago
38 posts

what did to find different in the bar then the liquid cause i have the liquid and dont find it to amazing

Doogie said:

I have tried the liquid and to me, it didn't seem to do anything. I started with the bars back in June or July and seen an incredable difference than with the liquid!

Doogie
@doogie
12 years ago
321 posts

I found that the liquid didn't lather as much as the bars. With the bars it seemed they worked so much better to lock. My head isn't close to being completely locked and I have really short hair maybe around 5-6 inches now but since I've been using the bars I noticed more knots with zig zags and loops. I also lather and wash my hair as well to try to get some to congo and it's working well! I still have a long road on my journey and just waiting for my hair to grow longer!

Becsley Q Penguinface
@becsley-q-penguinface
12 years ago
36 posts

Thanks you guys.

I knew about the shipping, but I really can't afford to buy in bulk right now. I will barely have enough money for the baking soda! XD

Seriously though, thanks for your help and I'll get started on the BS wash soon. Might save up for some of the bars if you guys think they're better than the liquid. Just thought I'd ask, seeing as it said it was especially for babies :)

Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

the bars and liquid are nice but personally i'm a bs/acv fan. my scalp has never been this clean and it makes my hair extra knotty. you could also pick up a shampoo from your local health food store. there are some nice organic shampoos out there. just look for one that says clarifying or for oily hair.

Becsley Q Penguinface said:

Thanks you guys.

I knew about the shipping, but I really can't afford to buy in bulk right now. I will barely have enough money for the baking soda! XD

Seriously though, thanks for your help and I'll get started on the BS wash soon. Might save up for some of the bars if you guys think they're better than the liquid. Just thought I'd ask, seeing as it said it was especially for babies :)

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form