Dreadlocks Forums

One sided dreads?

Violet Wolf
@violet-wolf
12 years ago
2 posts

Hullo!

A question...

I've been dreading my hair (natural neglect method) for about 1.5 months now. It's going great so far. Only problem... only the right side of my head is dreading. The left side of my head... completely un-knotted it's natural curly state.

What's up with this? I thought it could be how I sleep, but I recently switched sides of the bed with my partner and still nothing.

Has anyone had this problem? Anything I could do to help aid the left side on? I spray salt water on that side semi-regularly.

Or is it just going to take some time? :( It's a slight annoyance!

Cheers.

updated by @violet-wolf: 01/13/15 09:33:34PM
bryan dready bear
@bryan-dready-bear
12 years ago
3 posts

Hello violet,Give it some time 1.5 months is not much when it is natural neglect,keep washing with a good non residue shampoo like dread lock shampoo locking up liquid shampoo its good for hair that is hard to lock. Hopefully your one side of your head will start to dread in time.if u need more info SOARING EAGLE OR BABA FATS will help you. Good luck

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

u said u recently switched sides ..its absolutely how u sleep but its tioo recent to notice a difference..1 month on 1 side 1 month on the other and it should equalize

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

This is completely natural for many who start natural. And it's not even uncommon for starter methods too. Just switching what side of the bed you sleep on doesn't do it. I switch side of the the bed once in a while too. But I still tend to sleep most of the night on a certain side of my body.

That's what the real issue is. Most people who run into this situation tend to sleep on one side or the other. If you could find a way to sleep on the other side, it will balance itself out. If not, it's not a big deal. It'll lock up in time. Maybe a little slower, but it will. You could throw some beads over the sections on the side you want to speed up. But it's not necessary.

And, yeah, 1.5 months is nothing in the neglect world. It's not even much in the starter method world. They are still babies. If you are seeing progress at all, you should be thrilled

Violet Wolf
@violet-wolf
12 years ago
2 posts

Aaahhh, patience is a virtue. Thanks everybody for your guidance!

Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

Totally normal and I used TnR. Since I have a propensity to sleep with my body facing the edge of my bed, what I had to do to trick my body into sleeping on the other side was to flip vertically (head at the foot of the bed and feet at the head of the bed.) It definitely helped and most of my hair evened out-ish after doing this for the same amount of time prior to switching.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form