Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Beady beads.

Becsley Q Penguinface
@becsley-q-penguinface
12 years ago
36 posts

I twisted and ripped an experimental dread in last night and I just whacked a bead on it to help keep it separate from the rest of my hair. I just wanted to know how tight the bead is generally meant to be. The one I used stays put but it's pretty easily moved around. I think it wouldn't take much for it to come out in bed or something, is this alright or should I go for a smaller holed bead?

Thanks and Peace :)

updated by @becsley-q-penguinface: 01/13/15 09:33:28PM
Rainbow Fortune
@rainbow-fortune
12 years ago
123 posts

You should be able to move them around, to avoid them getting stuck in there forever. If they move, but not fall off right away, they're okay. And they do fall off sometimes anyways, but that's okay too. Pick them up and put them back on.

If you have a bead that means something special, I would suggest putting a smaller bead under that important one, so you wouldn't lose it.

Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

Yup, they should move around otherwise they may get stuck, as Rainbow mentioned. Sometimes it helps that, once the hair starts making loops, you can use them to keep a bead from falling out.

I've shed a lot of beads and my son comes across them and calls them "treasure" so I let him collect them for me. :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

i force em on till they are stuck and stay in place for years but on young dreads u want them to n=be able to be moved and removed sonce dreads thicken and u might not want them becimming permenant so make em tight enough to stay but loose enough to be removable

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Becsley Q Penguinface
@becsley-q-penguinface
12 years ago
36 posts

Thanks for your help you guys. Seems they're perfect from what you've described.

Valerie, that is super cute of your son to do! :D

Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

Yeah, I participate in the Renaissance Faire so he has a sack for his treasure that he ties to his belt when he goes as well as to the Pirate Festival. Beads, tokens, fake gems, coins, and crystals. :) Pretty soon he's going to need to find an alternative to the treasure sack because it's already pretty full. :P

Becsley Q Penguinface
@becsley-q-penguinface
12 years ago
36 posts

Aww that's really gorgeous! How old is he? :)

Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

Just turned 8 in July. :)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form