Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

My Dreadlock Timeline {UPDATED}

Chuck Hunt
@chuck-hunt
12 years ago
13 posts

Hey guys I began my dreadlock journey on 8-5-2012. I used the twist and rip method to begin my dreads, and since then I have just been washing them twice weekly and letting them do their thing,

Here is a picture of my hair the day i got them done

A week later most of my dreads are pretty knotted already, and seem to be dreading rather quickly. Due to my hair thickness and curliness I'm sure. Still pretty frizzy at this point, but I have no complaints

Also I have the back and sides of my head buzzed, and have had for years, so this i a picture with my hair pulled back to show that.

I only wear it like this to eat, I leave it down and let it do its thing 99% of the tim

9-12-12 Update

Left side

Right Side

Back

UPDATE: 1-4-13

updated by @chuck-hunt: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

nice they have some great charachter already are u going to keep the sides and back buzzed or let it grow in and dread naturally?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Chuck Hunt
@chuck-hunt
12 years ago
13 posts

I'm probably going to leave the back and sides shaved for now.

Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

Wow, they are going to come along really, really well. :) Your hair was meant to dread.

Chuck Hunt
@chuck-hunt
12 years ago
13 posts

UPDATED: Sorry the pictures a little bit blurry this time, but they were all i could get.

Ras Drew
@ras-drew
12 years ago
3 posts

love the dread hawk!

Chuck Hunt
@chuck-hunt
12 years ago
13 posts

I liked the dreadhawk too but im going out the sides again, I'll update this again today or tomorrow, theyve come a long way since these pictures

Chuck Hunt
@chuck-hunt
11 years ago
13 posts

finally posted my 5 month update, let me know what you think everyone

Hillmom (Wendy)
@hillmom-wendy
11 years ago
12 posts
They look awesome!
Chuck Hunt
@chuck-hunt