Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

natural dreads

RL
@rl
12 years ago
10 posts

I used to go to salons to get my dreads retwisted and just recently stopped going and decided to let them grow by themselves, will that affect how it grows?

updated by @rl: 02/15/15 12:12:58PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

yes you wont go bald

going to salons is the absolutute worse thing that yiu can do going natural tge best

salkons will twist them till they get thinner abnd thinner and start to fall off thgen they keep twisting till u go bald

this vid shows u what twisting would do if u kept doing it

http://www.dreadlockssite.com/video/retwisting-interlocking-tightening-dreads-locs-roots-dangers

so lets see yiurs lets see how bad they got before u decided to go natural

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
RL
@rl
12 years ago
10 posts

It didn't really get bad but this is how they're looking now

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

ok your lucky u caught it early

but u do see some signs of trouble there dont ya? not bad thank god you will have no trouble recovring at all

and luckily they are reasonably thick so no trouble there

the scalp is slightly affected tho

how long were u going to retwist and how often

it took years to gdet as bad as the 1s in that vid byt any retwisting at all starts heading u in that direction

--
RL
@rl
12 years ago
10 posts

i started my dreads about a year ago and used to go to the salon every 3-4 weeks

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

and u see how quickly problems start luckily it hasnt progressed tio far

im not sure youd need anything special to recover besides just stop twisting but ill give u a few tips anyway that will help

keep tension off the roots if u tie em up or back dont make it too tight

massage the scalp to get bloodflow going cliser to the surface this will help get the hair growing back in the damaged areas

misturize as needed but avoid heavy oils greases creams etc that may buildup in pores

how often are u washing with what

was wax ever used?

--
RL
@rl
12 years ago
10 posts

thanks, and i wash almost everyday with non-residue soap I just ordered Dr. Bronner's and waiting for it to come in. No wax was never used

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

good as they get longer u might want to wash no more then every other day just to be sure they dry completely they can take a long time to dry as they tighten thicken and get longer

many salons will tell u not to wash or even wet them fior the whole 1st year!

--
RL
@rl
12 years ago
10 posts

yea i used to no wash them cause they told me not to, one day i just said fuck it and started washing them

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

and i bet that was the day they started to actualy dread

the natural way to dread all you do is wash and seperate so they dont get too huge..or dont eperare if u want wild organic dreads

see a memver that posted pics yesterday or another named hummingb=ird love gorrilla

thwy let them form any old way they want withoit seperation its not for everyone but they sure are wild and unique

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form