Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

HippyFish's TnR Timeline (Dec. UPDATE - 4 Months!)

HippyFish
@hippyfish
12 years ago
76 posts

Aloha! This is my second set of dreads and I decided on TnR this time around as opposed to the freeform choice I had the first time because I wanted to control the size of my dreads and also shave some time off of the journey... I know, I'm naturally impatient :)

I'll be trying to keep my timeline updated at least monthly with new pics, as long as I have access to the internet... my fiance and I may be going back on the road and traveling.

Some background on my TnR's... I managed to do them in about 8 hours and my arms were happy when we were done! I kept beads on them for the first ten days so they'd stay put to start. I wash with a BS/sea salt/essential oil and sometimes lemon juice mix, usually letting my hair soak about 10 minutes, then pour the mix over my head and scrub a bit. After letting if set for some minutes, I rinse. I gently squeeze excess water from them with a towel and let them hang down to air dry.

I'll post changes, if any, to my methods as my timeline goes... enjoy

BEFORE :

STARTING : 8/2/12

AFTER : 8/3/12

Wow, I am so super happy with my new set in this picture and ready to set off on a lasting journey!

1 WEEK : 8/9/12

11 DAYS : 8/13/12

After about 4 washes now, I'm really happy with how they have maintained. Today (post photo op) I've taken all my beads out except for some specific placed sleeves, cuz I'm ready for them to pretty much let them do their thing now. You can see in the last pic that my ends have loosened a bit, but I still embrace them.

1 MONTH: 8/30/12

I am still so please with my TnR's!! Can't believe they've reached the one month mark, time starts flying by after the first few weeks. They've continued to do their thing and unravel a bit at the ends, but that's to be expected... it just means they are closer to the loops n curls stage ;) I am only washing every 3 days with baking soda now, using essential oils when they are within reach, but haven't used sea salt for awhile... and no more lemon juice ;D

Beach camp out all to ourselves... my dreadlings loved it!

Not the best underside shot, but it seems they are just finding their way. Some already seem pretty tight is some spots while others are quite loose... it's crazy! What I find so cool is how my dreads seem to "move" with me. I feel like I am entering a new phase in my life and my new set of dreads are keeping up and following along with me, sort of like a new friend, always there keeping you company... and I love that.

2 Months :

3 Months: This is where I stated to notice some shrinking begin.

4 Months: And now to the present... lots of length lost! Loving them so much, can't wait for them to finish shrinking and start sucking up those loops. My washing now consists of BS/oils mix, and following up with Nag Champa shampoo (mainly for the aroma). For the past month now, I haven't had to do much separating, it's as if they are staying put and respecting each other.

Peace n love to all!

updated by @hippyfish: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

nice but dont use lemon juice and u should use acv after baking soda every time

lemon juice is a very strong acid that penetrates intoi the inner layers of the hair shaft weakening it from the inside

acv is a weak acid =used to restore the pgh..after using bs u never want to mix an acid with a base use them seperately

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
HippyFish
@hippyfish
12 years ago
76 posts

Thanks SE... I tried with the lemon only today, was hoping to lighten hair a bit, but knowing that now I won't be using it again at least not like that ;)

When I used ACV before, I was mixing it with my BS mix... so this is no longer the way to go? Should they be done separate?

Nevermind... I got what ur sayin... thanks again SE!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

yesa done seoerately never mixed baking soda and vinager is whats used in science fair volcanos it causes a violent chemical reaction acid and base ..creates foam..and heat the results is a completely diferent cgemical nolonger bs or acv

the bs use 1srt soak 10 min then rinse out then do acv

lemon used to lighten damages like anythung that lightens but o lighten u have to leave it on and exposedto direct sun or heat oike a blow dryer and its gradual

the thing is ..the sun alone will lighten them if u are out in it enough lemon does increase that but its not needed

if i tie mine up and spend alot of time in the sun the ends get way lighter

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Aika
@aika
12 years ago
57 posts

theyre looking great so far, steph. hope you enjoy this new set.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form