Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

For those swimmers out there

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Personally, I hate swimming. I don't like the feeling of being weightless and floating. I don't like boats, or flying on planes either. But this has nothing to do with me or my personal issues. It has to do with anyone who does like swimming and hops in pools as soon as the weather turns nice.

Obviously, chlorine is not good for your hair. It dries it out and makes it brittle. So whenever you are tempted to jump in a pool, get your hair wet first in the shower or hose it down.

I just learned that if you get your hair wet first, the shaft fills up with water, and therefore, does not absorb much of the chlorinated water.

Just thought I'd share

updated by @baba-fats: 02/14/15 02:46:19PM
Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

That is true. The pores of the hair shaft will fill with water or, mostly fill with water, deflecting some of the effects of the chlorine. It's also good to give it AT LEAST a good rinse after the pool too though. If for some reason you are at someone's house and can't just jump into your cleaning regimen right then or later that day, rinsing the hair off with clean water will help. :)

I'm not a fan of swimming or being under water at all... yet I am completely fascinated by the aquatic ape theory and under sea life. :P

Star Gryphon
@star-gryphon
12 years ago
190 posts

Pond water is even more horrifying!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

also dont wash with baking soda after chlorine

your already too alkaline

acv after isbt a bad idea tho

i love to fly

theres nothing like the feeling of piloting a glidwer and as you release off tow into a 60 degree banked turn looking down the wing at the ground far below

or that lil 'bump' of near weighlessness when you fly thrugh nthe center of a thermal then throw it over into a cfliming steep banked turn til your airspeed drops to near a stall the wind outside goes nearly silent and the thermals gently lifting yiu to kiss the clouds

theresalso nothing like the feeling of your 1st spin training when you p]pull it uop hard into a cross controlled stall t]only to have the ni]=ose dive down as you spin slowly looking straight down at the grund..what a rush that was

but the best feeling of all is getting in a thermal with a few hawks or eagles and they look you right in the eye circling right off your wingtip..

or trying to chase them down when they spook and fold their wings and dive spining straight for the ground

but swimming ..i like to swim too but im more scared of drowning then i am of falling out of the sky

i feel so at home in the slky

i cant wait to someday get to soar a mountain wave as high as the jets fly (1 guy actualy took a glider all the way to the stratoshphere! he wore a space suite and took it g=higher then jets can fly..with no engine at all)

sorry you should have never said u hate to fly haga ..it triggered that i miss the sky thing so i started to ramble and reminisce

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Star Gryphon
@star-gryphon
12 years ago
190 posts

love it!

I also hate swimming...I have never gotten to experience a glider like that....except in my dreams that I'm flying....

Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts
I hate flying but love swimming. Reading SE's reply made my stomach drop then twist and flip. No, I don't hate the actual flying part. It's taking off and landing that make me want to throw up with anxiety. I don't think I could ever bring myself to get into a helicopter or small plane. I'm insanely afraid of heights. So bad I can't even go up the Space Needle anymore.While I'm terrified of drowning and of deep water I can't see thru, I love being in the water. I love going under water and the silence that goes with it. I live being on a floaty in the middle of this little lake we go to all the time, soaking up the sun then rolling off into the water when I get too hot. My kids have all been little fishes too.
Kelly3
@kelly3
12 years ago
333 posts

I love to fly and swim. Thanks for the info on the chlorine. Good thing I always have a good rinse in the shower before I get into the pool!

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

I got a chance to fly in a glider when I was 10 or 11. It was nice back then. But now, I wouldn't do it. I could have something to do with my meds. One of the side effects is nausea I don't get nauseous when I'm on the ground, and at a reasonable dose. But the minute gravity changes, I feel it. If I ever get to stop taking these pills, I may give it another shot

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

That would be awesome man it's a hell of a lot of fun

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Kelly3
@kelly3
12 years ago
333 posts

I've been thinking about this post. What implications does this have for washing with Baking Soda? If hair readily absorbs water, then surely some BS would be absorbed too. You mentioned before that 15 - 20 mins would be the most that you would want to leave it in before rinsing, as it will make your hair more brittle. So, if BS is absorbed into the hair, could it stay there after rinsing. Maybe it would be better to rinse your hair with normal water before you do a BS wash, too.

What do you think?

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form