Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Messy Stage?

☮MamaKittyLove
@mamakittylove
12 years ago
198 posts

I'm only 2 weeks and 3 days into my "twist n rip journey" and I guess my hair is already in "the messy stage". Most of my baby dreads have come undone half way and I have soooooooooo much loose hair it's not even funny.

I keep telling myself not to look in the mirror but I can't help it.

How long does this "messy stage" last?

I can't afford that lockin-up gel or I would get some just to make my head look a bit neater but I can't, we are already over a grand behind on rent.

I'm so stressed about things...on top of feeling like my head just looks like a rat's nest ):

updated by @mamakittylove: 02/14/15 09:51:41AM
Myschyf
@myschyf
12 years ago
115 posts
I'm with ya, just a few days behind and yeah I just look like I slept weird lol. I keep my hopes up with small victories like a tiny tiny section with a matted tip, and the fact that not brushing my hair makes my thinning hair look fuller. "shrug" hang in there. Idk if it's good or not but on really messy days I rinse my head and it helps smooth out the wild frizzies.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

you'll miss this stage when its gone this is how they develop personality

you have kids right?

when your babies were born didnt they have a messy stage/ dont u have fond memories of them with spaghetti covering their faces and wearing the bowl as a hat

didnt they puke on your shirts and pee in your face as u tried to change their diapers due to other messy messes?

jjust wait..soon the teen stage will be here and they will come home tattooed and peirced and ya find a condom in their pockets and they stay out late at night doing who knows what

but dont worry someday they will settle down get a phd and a carreer that will make you p[roud

on the other hand u got your hubbies dreads

forced into early maturity ..fake as it is

they never have a childhood never develop personal;ity and suicide in the early teens

that or overdose an d die

(choking on wax)

dont worry bot a thing the messy stage is just part of growing up and becoming real dreads

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

The messy stage lasts for anywhere from 6 months to around a year. The 4th month is usually the most crazy. After that, though, you start seeing the sections come together pretty quickly. You will always have loose, unknotted hair. But they become less and less prominent as time goes on and they mature. The best part of locks is that it's a no stress hairstyle. All you have to do is wash and leave them be.

The gel is good, but not essential at all. It's a relatively new product, so all of those locks you've seen that are years old didn't use it. You don't either

☮MamaKittyLove
@mamakittylove
12 years ago
198 posts

My son is still only 10 months old hah, I cannot wait until he puts the spaghetti bowl on his head (: That is very true though about my husband's "dreads". They look really good for how young they are but I guess that is just because of the wax. Whenever he talks about good looking locks he says "LIKE MINE!" and just leaves me feeling like mine look horrible. He still says that my hair will never dread on it's own, that these loose hairs will stay here forever. He really doesn't think to highly of my hair. He actually re twist-n-ripped one of his "dreads" last night even after I told him that is just starting them back to day 1 again. Ugh.

soaring eagle said:

you'll miss this stage when its gone this is how they develop personality

you have kids right?

when your babies were born didnt they have a messy stage/ dont u have fond memories of them with spaghetti covering their faces and wearing the bowl as a hat

didnt they puke on your shirts and pee in your face as u tried to change their diapers due to other messy messes?

jjust wait..soon the teen stage will be here and they will come home tattooed and peirced and ya find a condom in their pockets and they stay out late at night doing who knows what

but dont worry someday they will settle down get a phd and a carreer that will make you p[roud

on the other hand u got your hubbies dreads

forced into early maturity ..fake as it is

they never have a childhood never develop personal;ity and suicide in the early teens

that or overdose an d die

(choking on wax)

dont worry bot a thing the messy stage is just part of growing up and becoming real dreads

☮MamaKittyLove
@mamakittylove
12 years ago
198 posts

Thanks you guys.

I just read one of Ixchel's blog posts about her struggles with her journey and such and it really made me think and remember that I do love this process and it will all be beautiful in the end (although the messy stage is beautiful too).

At least you are all so positive about it all (unlike my husband) and will help me strive!! <3

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

thats exactly it your husbands attitude is making you feel bad about your dreads and the funny thing u[is so many candleheads get so cocky that way (theres a diference between wax victims and candleheads) they just love to put down real dreads and go around pretending their waxy dreads look so much better even tho they stick straight up smell like mold and leave stains everywhere they sit

i would really stop washing his pilow and let him see how nice his dreads are when hes sleeping on black sticky gunk

let me guess hes the type to never admit when hes wrong?

ask him why if your hair wont dread without wax then why do most dreadheads warn not to ue wax and hy ppl like me have had wax free dreads for decades

and int wax suposed to make dreads mature in 2 months how was he able to tnr a dread if it was mature? doesnt he realize yet they are jut glues=d together to look like dreads but havent dreaded at all?

slow learner i guess in 6 months if he hasnt figured it out..give up on him..he never will

--
☮MamaKittyLove
@mamakittylove
12 years ago
198 posts

Wow you nailed it right on the head about him never thinking he's wrong, he is "always right". I actually told him the other day that the reason his dreads aren't laying down is because of the wax but he says it's just because they are short.

I actually have stopped washing his pillow because I want him to see how gross that wax is making things. Mine is still nice and clean thought because mine are wax free.

I really cannot wait until mine are a year old and mine look better than his.

Oh and about him being able to tnr a dread...he only put wax from the middle of his "dreads" to the root, the ends had little to no wax in them. He claims that the Lockin-Up dread shampoo makes his dreads all unravel.

soaring eagle said:

thats exactly it your husbands attitude is making you feel bad about your dreads and the funny thing u[is so many candleheads get so cocky that way (theres a diference between wax victims and candleheads) they just love to put down real dreads and go around pretending their waxy dreads look so much better even tho they stick straight up smell like mold and leave stains everywhere they sit

i would really stop washing his pilow and let him see how nice his dreads are when hes sleeping on black sticky gunk

let me guess hes the type to never admit when hes wrong?

ask him why if your hair wont dread without wax then why do most dreadheads warn not to ue wax and hy ppl like me have had wax free dreads for decades

and int wax suposed to make dreads mature in 2 months how was he able to tnr a dread if it was mature? doesnt he realize yet they are jut glues=d together to look like dreads but havent dreaded at all?

slow learner i guess in 6 months if he hasnt figured it out..give up on him..he never will

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

if wax can get on the pillow it can travel down the dread to the tips

just a few more months and yours will be dreading nicely and he'll stull be constantly messing with his trying to force tgem to dread

--
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

That's what I was about to say. Wax may be sticky, but it does flow when it gets warm enough. If it can come off on his pillow, that wax will get rubbed into the rest of the lock whenever his head rubs against it.

And yeah, in just a few months, yours will look gorgeous, and he will still be messing with them to get them to do anything. There's a video of Johnny Clean (Eagle might have the link) able to push one lock straight through another. And his are about 6 years old. If you can make a whole that big in a waxed lock, that means no tangling ever took place. Your husbands hair will end up the same

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form