Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Cigarette smoke and dreads

Doogie
@doogie
12 years ago
321 posts
OK so I know cigarette smoke is bad for dreads and I'm a pretty heavy smoker. How often should I wash? I usually wash about every 3 days. I use the dreadlock bars from Bucks County Soap Factory and also use BS/ACV. I also think that I have hard water!?! I live in Burnham, PA so if someone could look it up I'd be forever grateful! I don't have a shower so I dump pitchers of water over my head and my bathtub faucet is really corroded and us older than I am so I can't really get a shower hose and head for it and out of my budget. Thank you
updated by @doogie: 02/03/18 06:54:17PM
Rainbow Fortune
@rainbow-fortune
12 years ago
123 posts

Well, I don't know if it depends on the hair type or on how well someone's sense of smell is, but... I've heard people complaining about their hair smelling likecigarettesfrom just being in a room with a smoker for like an hour.

I'm surrounded by smokers all day long (both my parents, my brother, and 90% of my friends smoke + myself), and I don't really smell anything on my hair. Neither does my non-smoking best friend who really hates the smell, and notices it everywhere. Except on me, for some reason. xD

I wash my hair every 2 - 3 days, there's no rule. I just do it when I feel like it (or when I don't feel like it, but I feel I should. :D ).

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

the corosion tells u u got hard water

but wah as often as u like every 3 days is good unless your stinking like cigs

actualy if your at all concerned the solutions so simple

quite smoking

theres homeopathics that make quitting easy as can be

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Doogie
@doogie
12 years ago
321 posts
Yeah I've tried quitting many times and never made it past a cpl wks to a mth. Even yrs back I spent hundred of dollars on pretty much everything out there to quit to no avail! I've been smoking for about 26yrs I stop and start up again especially when I drink then I smoke worse than a chimney! When I do stop I really get the earge to light up or bum from someone who is smoking around me. I've never had any support from anyone to help keep me smoke free and I think that's a problem for me. No moral support!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

homeopathics make quitting eash

but dont drink and iu wont be tempted to moke when u drink

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Doogie
@doogie
12 years ago
321 posts
Now I don't drink alcohol on a daily basis! If anything MAYBE about a case a month. I enjoy a good beer but I don't drink to get drunk!
Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

Try to smoke in a more ventilated area and tie your dreads away from your face when you do. That will help keep the smoke from "clinging" as hard. You can use your dreads to tie back your dreads.

As far as washing goes, wash when you think it's necessary but I wouldn't recommend every day.
I sometimes put some oils on my fingertips and tousle the locks for an added smell bonus.

Quitting is hard and you have to really, really want it and work for it. I know a TON of people who have had success with Wellbutrin and some medical insurances will cover all methods available if you take smoking cessation class. But, like I said, you really need to want it or any and all methods will fail.

A lot of people who smoke or live in highly smokey environments don't really realize how smokey they smell. I once lived with indoor smokers and never thought that the smell was particularly gnarly but when I moved out into a smoke-free environment I absolutely wanted to gag. I had to wash everything and steam clean my bed. I personally smoke cloves which smell like incense and am not an advocate for smoking in the home. I've never had complaints about my smell rather, compliments.

Doogie
@doogie
12 years ago
321 posts
Been on Wellbutrin and had some really nasty dreams so I stopped taking it. My hair is still really short but is just starting to dread up. Actually that started back in March and I'm not quite at 10 months but the dreadlocks bars are helping more than the BS ever did!
Doogie
@doogie
12 years ago
321 posts
I've been trying to do most my smoking outside but my little brother stays with me and also a smoker.
Myschyf
@myschyf
12 years ago
115 posts
I live with a bunch of smokers, and have found a drops ir teo of sandalwood in my washing helps turn the smell of cigarettes to the smell of campfire, at least to me. But mostly I avoid the smoking as much as possible, only resorting to the sandalwood when trapped in long car rides.
updated by @myschyf: 07/23/15 06:33:31PM
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form