Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I get why people use wax now...

KnotLady
@knotlady
12 years ago
300 posts

So when i started my dreads, i didnt fully understand all of the info i was taking in. before i started, i had gone to dreadheadhq and started to rethink wanting dreads because i was gonna "have" to buy a kit and maintenance tools and gunk and gunk to put on the other gunk to make it feel less gunky. but then i came across here and got kinda pissed because they made it seem like wax and backcombing was the only way to go. long story short i found some vids on twist and rip and started my journey. at that time i did not know that they would fall out. but im so glad they did! i love the natural ones. AND now that my dreads are locking up and i have some beautiful looping and bumps i see why people need wax...TO HOLD TOGETHER ALL OF THE HAIR THEY DESTROYED BY STABBING A BARBED NEEDLE AND A CROCHET HOOK THOUGH THEM. for me, this process has been ultimately liberating. this is what GOD MADE MY HAIR TO DO. he didnt make the brush, man did. it has affected me more than i though hair ever could. I have been coming into realization of what truly matters and what truly does not. and and for me, i see crocheting and "lock-doctoring" as a cop out. its for those who cant hang. i believe if you are going to do something, do it all the way. DONT HIDE YOUR BEAUTY WITH WAX AND DESTRUCTION. ENJOY natural beauty. who cares what anyone else thinks. and i would also argue that maybe those people who laugh and give you weird looks are jealous of the uninhibited nature of you and your dreads.

updated by @knotlady: 02/14/15 02:27:57AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

and here i was getting all prepared to disagree with you after reading just the titlke haha

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
KnotLady
@knotlady
12 years ago
300 posts

:D element of suprise

Amanda12
@amanda12
12 years ago
46 posts

Beautifully said. This is the kind of thing I think about before I fall asleep.

KnotLady
@knotlady
12 years ago
300 posts

thank you.

Don J
@don-j
12 years ago
11 posts

YA like SE said... I came here so see the debate... lol good job though. I started saying "hi" to the people that cant stop looking...

I remember reading that someone waxed 2 dreads to hold them together after cutting them apart. I would not do either...

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

actualy what that was was the dreads were waxed in the 1st weeks then the wax was removed..or so they thought 4 years of washing to try ti get the wax out

then they ere cut apart

they werent waxed to put back together they just were pao]lm rolled once and the 4 year old wax in them glued them right back together so u couldnt tell they weee chopped in 1/2

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

Wonderfully put KnotLady! The lack of inhibition/confidence in dreadies that take the more natural route I find makes up for the messy loose hair flying everywhere; like an inner glow.

Jackie
@jackie
12 years ago
78 posts
hellz ya! well said!
KnotLady
@knotlady
12 years ago
300 posts

i think further than that, the messy loose hair is beautiful in and of itself! and there is definitely a natural glow to accompany that. its freeing to love yourself even if other people dont quite get it.

Valrie said:

Wonderfully put KnotLady! The lack of inhibition/confidence in dreadies that take the more natural route I find makes up for the messy loose hair flying everywhere; like an inner glow.

/ 5

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form