Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Natural Hair Dyes

Melanie2
@melanie2
12 years ago
99 posts

I amquite abitof grey hair coming through and I would like to try colouring my dreads with natural colourant to disguise the grey. What is the best one to use and is it easy to do?

Years ago when I coloured often with chemical dyes and my hair was not dreaded I tried natural henna but it was alot like putting coffee ground paste on my head and took ages, needing another person to section the hair and apply the paste with a brush which was very time consuming.

updated by @melanie2: 02/14/15 06:11:11AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

beets for a burgandy

tea or cooffee to darken

rosemary tea to darken

but why not be proud of he greys and accept them

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

not all hennas are created equal, some are finer than others. but no matter what it is kinda hard to rinse out & it will be conditioning on your dreads. i order from http://www.hennaforhair.com/ no matter why dye you use just put it on the outside of the dreads so it doesn't get stuck all in the center & very hard to wash out. other natural coloring- you can find indigo on that site, lighter colors: chamomile, marigolds, rhubarb roots, darker: sage, walnut hulls, tag alder, cloves. you can mix & match what you use for different results. I've never used most of these on hair (only yarn) but I know they can be used.

Melanie2
@melanie2
12 years ago
99 posts

Hi S.E, howare you? : )I turned 37 in June, I think I am too youngfor grey hair. I'm greyer than my mother and she's nearly 70...it just upsets me to see so many. I started getting greyhairs in my midteens. I don't feel ready to accept this sign of ageing just yet : )

soaring eagle said:

beets for a burgandy

tea or cooffee to darken

rosemary tea to darken

Melanie2
@melanie2
12 years ago
99 posts

Really I meant which of those natural colourants that you can buy, rather than using vegetable juice on my head :D

Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

totally forgot about these ones! (love natural dye colors <3)

soaring eagle said:

beets for a burgandy

tea or cooffee to darken

rosemary tea to darken

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

mybeard started going grey around 25 by 30 it was greyer then black

my mom found her5 1st grey at 16

and that was the last time her naturakl color was seen im guessing shes 65-70 now (shes lied about her age since 25) and has dyed her hair every 2 months since she was 16

her mom my grandmom dyed hers up till 99 she died 2 weeks short of 100

and dyed her hair 2 weeks before she died

aging is a part of living when will u accept your aging?

will you accept it if you make it to 110?

living is experiencing life and all it offers

each grewy hair represents something..an experience that shaped who you are..you earn them

they arent something to be ashamed of but proud of

Melanie said:

Hi S.E, howare you? : )I turned 37 in June, I think I am too youngfor grey hair. I'm greyer than my mother and she's nearly 70...it just upsets me to see so many. I started getting greyhairs in my midteens. I don't feel ready to accept this sign of ageing just yet : )

soaring eagle said:

beets for a burgandy

tea or cooffee to darken

rosemary tea to darken

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

my best friend in high school wanted her hair grey since she was 15. she loves the silver fox look ;) it can have a certain beauty about it

soaring eagle said:

mybeard started going grey around 25 by 30 it was greyer then black

my mom found her5 1st grey at 16

and that was the last time her naturakl color was seen im guessing shes 65-70 now (shes lied about her age since 25) and has dyed her hair every 2 months since she was 16

her mom my grandmom dyed hers up till 99 she died 2 weeks short of 100

and dyed her hair 2 weeks before she died

aging is a part of living when will u accept your aging?

will you accept it if you make it to 110?

living is experiencing life and all it offers

each grewy hair represents something..an experience that shaped who you are..you earn them

they arent something to be ashamed of but proud of

Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

some awesome grey dreadies <3

Little Wing
@little-wing
12 years ago
41 posts

I think grey colour looks amazingly breathtaking. But talking about vegan colours, I used Manic Panic on my bleached tips. It kinda fades easily in me, since I wash my hair 3 times per week. The thing I like about those is the wide selection of cool colours they have.

I am waiting for my dreads to mature, so I maybe would bleach again the tips and dye them... but this time I would give a shot to one called Directions. I would love to have different tones of purple.

Those brands are vegan and don't damage the hair.

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form