Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

itching scalp

Nikki Whiskgirl Lindsey
@nikki-whiskgirl-lindsey
12 years ago
14 posts

i now have a head full of 2 day old dreads, i love them but my head is itching like i have a head full of lice :/ is this normal??

updated by @nikki-whiskgirl-lindsey: 01/13/15 09:32:10PM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Have your washed them yet? If not, wash them. As your head gets used to locks, it does itch. You need to get used to a new type of washing regiment. You'd know if you had lice. It's wouldn't just be itching. It would be kind of painful. Lice bite. Try washing with the BS/ACV wash. If you had lice, the ACV would burn a little bit. If not, it'll feel so soothing. Washing in general is soothing.

Why do you think you might have lice? Have you done anything or been anywhere that you may have caught them from?

Nikki Whiskgirl Lindsey
@nikki-whiskgirl-lindsey
12 years ago
14 posts

nah im just comparing the itching to lice, i have been washing my hair with BS/ACV for a few weeks already, i just washed it and for now the itching seems to have eased. im gona get some teatree oil in a few days so hopefully that will help? altho a few dreads seems to have come very loose, but i think i expected this to happen :)

Baba Fats said:

Have your washed them yet? If not, wash them. As your head gets used to locks, it does itch. You need to get used to a new type of washing regiment. You'd know if you had lice. It's wouldn't just be itching. It would be kind of painful. Lice bite. Try washing with the BS/ACV wash. If you had lice, the ACV would burn a little bit. If not, it'll feel so soothing. Washing in general is soothing.

Why do you think you might have lice? Have you done anything or been anywhere that you may have caught them from?

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Them coming loose is expected. Don't worry about them. They'll get pulled back together soon enough. While you're out, get the Teartree. But also pick up peppermint if you don't have it. peppermint has an amazing cooling and soothing effect. Don't over use it, though. Peppermint is strong and is more caustic to your skin that other essential oils. But diluted in water or jojoba oil, it s your best friend for fighting the itchies

Nikki Whiskgirl Lindsey
@nikki-whiskgirl-lindsey
12 years ago
14 posts

i seem to have a mixture of tight ones and loose, but im kinda liking the fact theyre all so different :) and thanx for the advice i will def get both oils.
Baba Fats said:

Them coming loose is expected. Don't worry about them. They'll get pulled back together soon enough. While you're out, get the Teartree. But also pick up peppermint if you don't have it. peppermint has an amazing cooling and soothing effect. Don't over use it, though. Peppermint is strong and is more caustic to your skin that other essential oils. But diluted in water or jojoba oil, it s your best friend for fighting the itchies

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form