Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hair growth.

Zach Freeman
@zach-freeman
12 years ago
21 posts
My hair is too short to dread still (about 3 inches long). I know patience is important but are there any tricks to making hair grow faster?
updated by @zach-freeman: 01/13/15 09:32:00PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

biotin suppliments

good diet

no combing (combing creates split ends requiring trims trimming reduces hair growth rates by 1/2 since u trim off 1/2 of the growrth every couple months

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

biotin is a huge help. also rosemary is a growth stimulant. you can boil some water and add a couple sprigs of rosemary and let it steep for about 30 minutes. remove the sprigs and let the water cool down. pour over your hair and scalp. do not rinse. its great for your scalp plus it will help with growth. scalp massages help too.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Heather. My genes have baldness written all over them. I am already losing my hair at 26. I know biotin is supposed to be good for helping your hair grow faster, and sometimes thicker. But I don't know if it would help me out. I am not self conscious about it, but If I can delay baldness a bit, I'd like to.

I've heard things about using collagen powder too. Which do you think would be better for my situation? If either would work.

Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

i would definitely give biotin a try. if it helps curtail the inevitable then great. if anything it will make your nails super strong:) you need to take 5 mg once a day. it seems to be helping me a bit.

the rosemary tea rinse feels wonderful but its a bit astringent for me right now. from what i've read, people see good results though.

i'm dealing with a bit of thinning on the top of my head which is really upsetting. my mom is in her 60's and she still has a beautiful head of hair down to her butt. i have no idea about my sperm donor dad though. i'm just hoping female pattern baldness doesn't run on his side. i've read that it can also be due to stress from a surgery which i did have at the beginning of the year. i'm crossing my fingers that it will resolve in time.

another thing you might try is make scalp oil with 50% jojoba oil and 50% castor oil. add a few drop of rosemary essential oil too. massage into your scalp with your finger tips. castor oil is known to stimulate the hair follicles and encourage hair growth. the jojoba is just a carrier for the castor oil because its a pretty sticky oil plus it helps the castor oil absorb into the skin better. rosemary is said to stimulate hair growth also plus it adds a nice scent when i massage my scalp. i usually do a scalp massage the night before a wash.

i haven't heard about collagen powder for hair growth. i'll have to research it.

Baba Fats said:

Heather. My genes have baldness written all over them. I am already losing my hair at 26. I know biotin is supposed to be good for helping your hair grow faster, and sometimes thicker. But I don't know if it would help me out. I am not self conscious about it, but If I can delay baldness a bit, I'd like to.

I've heard things about using collagen powder too. Which do you think would be better for my situation? If either would work.

David Conway
@david-conway
12 years ago
4 posts

ive noticed that trims and not washing help

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

swhat?

how do trims help it grow

and same with not washing
please wash your hair

and trims reduce the overakll growth rate cause your trimming off 1/2 of how much grew

on average you grow 1/2 an inch a month

and you trim 1/2 an inch every 2 months

reducing the growth to 1/2 an inch every 2 months

by trimming your cutting the growth in 1/2!

just wash dont comb and it will d]grow at max speed

dont trim

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

trims only affecr the ends growthb happens at the roots how can trimming the ends make the roots grow faster

all trims do is remove the split ends caused by combing

thats all

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form