Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

New tnr dreads.

☮MamaKittyLove
@mamakittylove
12 years ago
198 posts

My husband said that I shouldn't get my new tnr'd dreadlocks wet for 1-3 months or they won't lock at all and they will all come undone.

Is that true?

I haven't washed my hair in like 4 days now because we have slowly been doing my whole head in tnr dreads and I would really like to get them wet when they're done.

That and I really want them to smell like dragons blood :)

Help?

updated by @mamakittylove: 01/13/15 09:31:51PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

geez yoir husbands umm no offence om i wont say it

wash your dreads 1-3 times a weejk starting today he reaklly didnt get them wet for 3 months?

ewww

washing will make them dred he will never have dreads the way hes doing things just sticky gross hair stuck togerther

when u wash it tangles

it will loosen at 1st but thbats ok it will then tighten back up

look at all the natural dreadshere they never even tnred all they did was wash and it dreaded more and more after every wash

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

the only thing u want to di lil diferent is be gentle at q1st and scrub only the scalp not the hair

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
treeofdread
@treeofdread
12 years ago
10 posts

I'm sad you lost patience :(, the natural way is such a beautiful thing to experience if you can just convince yourself to let go and stop combing( which is way easier said than done). But yea I knew SE would be all over this lol and he's already said it you have to keep your hair clean! not only will you stink but it will be very oily which doesnt help the dreading process at all. You want clean dry hair. I've heard alot of peoples tnr's end up falling out then dreading, then they wished they just leftem natural. I'd recommend the baking soda and vinegar rinse, you don't scrub you just pour it over your hair so your not touchin it to much. I love it

☮MamaKittyLove
@mamakittylove
12 years ago
198 posts
No SE my husband washes his hair. He says that with tnr it's different though..no idea. I'm glad I found this sure when I did because he really doesn't seem to know any correct information about dreadlocks lol.& yeah Treeofdread I really wish that I had the patience to of kept going natural but that it's in the past now and I'm happy with my dread babies and I'm excited to watch them mature and grow (:
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

He is probably aware that when you use a starter method, and wash them, they loosen up, and sometimes come completely out before they start to retangle. But he's not aware that unwashed hair doesn't really lock up. When you don't wash your hair, it gets oily and slick. Oily dirty hair resists locking. The more often you wash it, the better for new locks. So wash your hair 2-3 times a week for new locks. As they mature, you can wash then once or twice a week.

But don't wait any longer

☮MamaKittyLove
@mamakittylove
12 years ago
198 posts

After I washed my hair the ends of some of my dread babies have come undone. Do I just leave it alone or do I re-twist them up? I think I remember being told to leave them alone....but again, my husband says different lol.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Just leave them be. When you re do them, you are setting the progress back to day one. It'll just take that much longer to mature. If you leave them, they will retangle on their own.

☮MamaKittyLove
@mamakittylove
12 years ago
198 posts

Ok cool (: I just hope they don't unravel completely and pretty much be back to day 1 again. If so though I will still continue to leave them be. Patience is something that I don't have much of so this will be a great journey for me to learn some <3

Baba Fats said:

Just leave them be. When you re do them, you are setting the progress back to day one. It'll just take that much longer to mature. If you leave them, they will retangle on their own.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Them comingunraveledmay seem like they are moving backwards, and in a way it is. But in reality that is a step forwards. The journey of growing locks is a one step forward 2 steps back process.

But think about it objectively. If you were to redo them every time they came undone, you'd get frustrated thinking that they were never progressing past that point. Every time you washe dyour hair, it would seem like you had to start all over again. But if you just let them be and allow them to come untangled and then reknot themselves, you will always be moving forwards. And you will always be waiting for the next step. Instead of reliving the same step over and over

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form