Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

what are some of the best/ worst questions that you get about your dreads

tha tron
@tha-tron
15 years ago
147 posts
just kind of wondering, what are some of the best/ worst comments, questions, opinions ect. Are you easily offended when people think that dreads are dirty? Do you find yourself wanting to educate them?I find very quickly that people that people outside of our community know absolutely NOTHING about dreads. it's pretty frustrating to me to have to explain it from a-z. Id like to know some of your experinces if you'd be kind enough to share
updated by @tha-tron: 02/14/15 03:50:00AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
when i was livin in a mostly black crack neighbourhood most girls would ask either how i got my "weave" or "is that your real hair?"other places i grt mostly possitive comments, cars driving by shout out nice dreads or respect, but i do get the ocasional ignorant comments..alotta how do u do thats and arent they hard to care fors ..\its rare i get a negative commentoh i do get some kids pointing shoutting ohhh look at thatand cant take the bus anywjhere without hearring comments of "look how long his hair is" and stuff like that

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
tha tron
@tha-tron
15 years ago
147 posts
could you please edit your post? black crack neighborhood is very offensive. I won't take any offence in it if you were to edit it. I think you can understand why blessings.
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
15 years ago
458 posts
Ugh, for me it's mostly just the racial issues..."Why do you wear your hair like a black person?" kind of questions and comments, usually asked using very distasteful words...
tha tron
@tha-tron
15 years ago
147 posts
yeah I see a lot of that on youtube. pretty sad really.. it's a pointless, stupid argument that will never go away. in the words of MJ "it don't matter if your black or white"
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
i understand, i meant no offence but it was a crack hood, mostly black, the 2 things having nothin to do with eachother, except that the young black girls typicaly would think the dreads were a weave.the hood known as the gut, r the bottoms was a bad crack infested bombed out hell hole, but was my favorite place to bewe started the "lots of love" project there taking the worse block of all and turning it into lots of love a huge community garden thst became the safest spot in the city..even for campingi didnt mean to offend, there are worse white crack infested hoods in philly, which never could have become as confortable as this area became.i felt so safe and secure there i never locked my door once in 10 yearsand i left my djimbe in plain site in an abandoned lot in the middle of this hood for weeks at a time and noone would dare touch it..the love and respect there was far greatter then anywhere id beenfor 8 years it was where i hung out mostand now that its gone i miss it

--
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
15 years ago
458 posts
It'll eventually go away but by that time there will be something worse than racism for people to use against each other. Probably genetic stereotyping.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
blue eyes versus brown...let the slaughter beginas long as we look to differences to seperate there will always be struggle..we have to realize how connected we are, interdependent not independentwe seperate ourselves into us and them along so many arbitrary lines, color race place of birth thre name we use for god slight differences in politicol thinking.. we just have so much trouble thinking of eachother as a whole. a connected group called humanity

--
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
15 years ago
458 posts
I prefer to think in terms of independence..."Together we must stand apart" I believe the quote is. To me that means accepting each persons differences and thinking as individuals and treating other people as individuals, not thinking of humanity as a group but dealing with them one person at a time. Discrimination comes when taking a subjective or abstract idea and treating it as if it is concrete. "these 3 dreadheads smoke weed, look this 4th one must smoke weed too".
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
well it comes from grouping people into distinct groups that are seperated from the whole or from the group you concider yourelf to be a part oflike americans, muslims, jamaicans, asians whenever you divide one from another you open up room for aggression between groups..whenever there is an us and a them then there will always be an "its either us or them" attitude..they whoever they are always threattens the way of life of us..and that gos for any divides race religion or lines in the sand (national borders)identifying yourself as a group seperaste from other groups insread of just a subgroup of the whole

--
 / 6

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form