Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Don't think my mom is thrilled.

Heidi Wright
@heidi-wright
12 years ago
9 posts

Went by her house this morning for the first time since starting the dreading process and of course she had the reaction, "What are you doing to your hair?" She just doesn't understand why I don't go to a salon and get them done professionally. :( Oh well. she loves me anyway. I'm happy that at least my husband and kids support me.

updated by @heidi-wright: 01/13/15 09:31:48PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,639 posts

well explain to g=her how salons do sreads and she will understand i hope

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

She'll get over it and at least she isn't living with you and you don't have to hear harping about it all the time. Also, it would be good to explain to her the difference between the gentler approaches verses the salon approaches and even explain why you are cultivating them in the first place.

Kevin4
@kevin4
12 years ago
25 posts

kind of had same reaction from my girlfriend, except she really wanted me to do it just could not understand at all why i didnt want them to be done 'professionally'

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

I've had my locks for 6 years. My mom lightened up of her criticism, but when I was getting married, she brought it up at least 5 times the year leading up to the wedding that she would like me to comb them out and let her take me to a salon to have them "done" neatly.

Just explain what salons really do to locks. And that you want to have them for years or even for life. With salon made locks, that probably wont be possible

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form